Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/7/2005 4:34:19 PM EDT
Check out "The Position" on this female officer...LOL!!!

Oh and...Bushmaster signed'em for 880 XM15 A3 units for $3 Million...check it out...

www.police.govt.nz/district/northshorewaitakere/release.php?id=1923

L8R, Bill.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:54:19 PM EDT
[#1]
3,000,000 % 880 = 3409.09 OMG
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:59:20 PM EDT
[#2]
$3409.09
Shipping and handling included.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:07:48 PM EDT
[#3]
They musta got the "Extended Warranty" LOL!!!

Maybe they even got sighting systems, ammo, mags, mag pouches, field service support, training, a full entaurage of gunsmithing tools and armory training..and I'm certain a plethora of steak and champagne meetings were involved in the sale...who knows...but it begs the question of how much our own government pays per unit...now that would be interesting to know.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:13:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
They musta got the "Extended Warranty" LOL!!!

Maybe they even got sighting systems, ammo, mags, mag pouches, field service support, training, a full entaurage of gunsmithing tools and armory training..and I'm certain a plethora of steak and champagne meetings were involved in the sale...who knows...but it begs the question of how much our own government pays per unit...now that would be interesting to know.

I heard M-16s are bought by the govt. for somewhere around $850.00 apiece.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:30:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
$3409.09
Shipping and handling included.

I think that's because it comes with the hard case instead of the cardboard box.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:38:59 PM EDT
[#6]
No Bushmaster just remembers the old saying I think it was PT Barnum"theres a sucker born every minute"3 grand per rifle maybe Bushmastre told new zealand they were pre-bans...hard to come by
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:54:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Weapons.  Training.  Support equipment.  Support training.  Spares.  It's a weapon system that's new to the Kiwis, and they need the whole support package.  Let's not make fun of people trying to be up to date with ARs.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:58:04 PM EDT
[#8]
UM, THIS IS THE 21ST CENTURY
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:03:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Just a thought...

But the price might include spare parts, armorer tools & armorer training.  Something that is not out of line in such a big contract.

US dollars or New Zealand dollars... what's the exchange rate?

But then again... they just might have fleeced them on the price.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:07:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
UM, THIS IS THE 21ST CENTURY

I know....but these folks were still using bolt rifles...like I said..they finally made it to the 20th century. LOL!!!

or?...

either that or their society is so far advanced civility wise over ours that bolt rifles were enough...till now...welcoming in the days of 21st century terrorism.

Kinda sad when ya think of it in those terms.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:52:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice score for Bushmaster

As for the price, they are sure to offer a service package that includes labor, parts and training, not to mention the shipping, frieght, trariffs, taxes and everything else added to cost
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:01:12 PM EDT
[#12]
They should have joined in on the SEBR special.

I wonder what optics they are running.....21st century carrying handle A2.....
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:13:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Good enough for the PoLice, but too dangerous for the average Kiwi.

New Zealand, just another pretty, gun hating hole where people own guns at the mercy of the police.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:17:48 PM EDT
[#14]
That woman in the picture needs to extend the stock
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:19:37 PM EDT
[#15]
It looks like she's not even going to get to shoot it. No finger on trigger, no hearing or eye protection. Maybe she's just picking it up for the first time.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:21:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
That woman in the picture needs to extend the stock

Maybe that is why it says "training" on her vest instead of "trainer"
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:32:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Shooting posture sucks, even if it's a photo op.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:36:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I got $10 that says...

The only reason we're looking at that lame posture is because the HMFIC at the time picked her out of a crowd just so he could get sweet on her.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:58:28 PM EDT
[#19]
"Police policy and general instructions for the use and operation of firearms will remain unchanged. There will be no increase in the availability of firearms to staff and police will continue to be unarmed in the normal course of their duties. Also Police will continue to use firearms as a last resort to protect themselves or others from the imminent threat of death or grievous bodily harm where other less violent options are not appropriate or available," said Mr Marshall.

"Normally unarmed police"  The crooks over there must be polite!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:40:00 PM EDT
[#20]
You have to love it. In a world filled with HK G36's, FN wonder weapons, etc, etc, etc. They choose a tried and true Bushmaster AR. This has to make ARFCOM smile.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:57:36 PM EDT
[#21]

Is it just me or does it seem that as the M16/AR15 platform matures and becomes more modular, refined and accessorized that more and more nations around the world are adopting it for their militaries and Law enforcement? Sometimes seems like a fine wine, gets better with age.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:48:33 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Is it just me or does it seem that as the M16/AR15 platform matures and becomes more modular, refined and accessorized that more and more nations around the world are adopting it for their militaries and Law enforcement? Sometimes seems like a fine wine, gets better with age.

And it's cheap compared to SIG and HK
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:20:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Last time I did a inventory in the arms room the Government pays like $450 for a M16A2 and the M4A1 was $850.

CD
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:47:52 PM EDT
[#24]
I am from New Zealand, long time reader first time poster. The reason our regular police are converting to an AR as their standard rifle is that there has, up until lately, been no real call for them to carry anything other than a bolt action. Our Armed Offenders Squads have had ARs for quite some time though, equivalent to your SWAT.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:57:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Hey
I am a sworn firearms instructor for the New Zealand police force, and am currently involved in the delivery of the M4 training programme to our first response staff. I agree that 3 million dollars for the purchase of 880 weapons would seem to be a bit excessive, and if that was the true cost, questions would have to be answered by the bean counters.

The 3 million dollars quoted in these articles covers the following, the purchase of the weapons, mags, pouches, slings and spares etc. It also includes the cost of all ammo expended in the transition training and qualification shoots, range sundries, vehicle and training staff etc.

This training will be delivered to approximately 5000 sworn officers, when you do the math it seems quite a good deal for 3 million bucks.

As for the Model 7, a good hunting rifle, but sucks as an operational weapon ( The Dickhead that decided on it for an operational weapon, should be shot with one of them.)

As for our laws regarding firearm ownership, we can own everything up to and including M60's, Bren's, Vickers etc. All you have to do is hold the correct firearms licence endorsment.

Our criminal are just like yours, only not as well armed. So far this year there has not been 1 police officer involved shooting, although alot of our criminal truely need the "third smoking eye".

But just remember guys, our whole population is just under 4 million people in a land mass equal to that of Great Britian.

Oh, just another thought, I can be hunting Red Deer, Pig, Thar and chamios within 20 minutes drive from home. Life could be worse Regards  Harry
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:37:45 AM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By harry at nz:

Hey guys give us poor Kiwi's break.

Regards  Harry

The scary part is that it's daylight or something over there now...  Aren't mids great?  

We need a public safety personnel exchange program!!!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:41:43 AM EDT
[#27]
You Kiwis talk too much.
j/k ( looking at the combined post count of the two NZ bretheren)

Hey Harry at NZ, can foreigners visiting NZ aquire a license to carry/posses/purchase a firearm?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:48:40 AM EDT
[#28]
In response to Maddogkiller, yes visitors can obtain a tourist permit to purchase and hunt in New Zealand. Taking weapon home with you may cause abit of a problem, as you would need to obtain your State departments approval to import into US.  Just another mindless piece of info, no special endorsments are required for sound suppressors on our weapons, it is almost encouraged as it doesn't scare the "greenies" as much.

Harry

#NB to Resq47, sorry mate long day on the range, "Gives us a break". Not all of us are able to converse in the correct form of the Queens English.... LOL  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:53:23 AM EDT
[#29]
no wonder bushmaster has been backed up
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:02:31 AM EDT
[#30]

In response to Maddogkiller, yes visitors can obtain a tourist permit to purchase and hunt in New Zealand. Taking weapon home with you may cause abit of a problem, as you would need to obtain your State departments approval to import into US.  Just another mindless piece of info, no special endorsments are required for sound suppressors on our weapons, it is almost encouraged as it doesn't scare the "greenies" as much.

Harry

#NB to Resq47, sorry mate long day on the range, "Gives us a break". Not all of us are able to converse in the correct form of the Queens English.... LOL  

No correction intended, I was just looking at the handful of people awake at that hour were midnight shift public servants stateside and Kiwis clinging to the earth to keep from falling off!    

One of these days I plan to sell a kidney for a plane ticket and sample private firearms ownership in NZ
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:13:21 AM EDT
[#31]

and Kiwis clinging to the earth to keep from falling off!  

________________________________________________________________________________

Harry
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:23:30 AM EDT
[#32]

But just remember guys, our whole population is just under 4 million people in a land mass equal to that of Great Britian.

Regards  Harry

And why do you have such good sailors?  At what age do you start them out?  Are you taking the Cup back?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:48:06 AM EDT
[#33]
It looks to me like she's checking the chamber...Like you should do EVERY TIME you pick up any weapon.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:37:54 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Me too-

I think anytime something that is tried and true makes another step forward, either large or small, that just means it's here to stay.  Besides, the lesser or lower models will become cheaper.

Did you guys notice that Bushmaster has a huge sale now?  They are trying to pass these savings onto us!!  I just ordered THREE!!!!  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:49:53 PM EDT
[#35]
I did a little conversion and $3M New Zeland is actually only $2,076,347.87 US.  That makes the cost of each rifle a bargain at only$2595.44 each.

I wonder how much Bushmaster is going to charge for delivery?

Sarge
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:12:00 PM EDT
[#36]

As for our laws regarding firearm ownership, we can own everything up to and including M60's, Bren's, Vickers etc. All you have to do is hold the correct firearms licence endorsment.

My point exactly.  In about 45 of the 50 states,  the only thing we need permission to own are fully automatic weapons.  Other than that, I can find someone who has a gun I like, hand over cash and take it with me.  If he happens to be a Federally licensed dealer, he gets to call the FBI to do an instant background check over the phone.  If he isn't a dealer, no one in any government agency will ever know the weapon changed hands.

I don't carry a "license" of any sort when I go shooting, even when I'm shooting my AR15 or other "Military Style Semi Autos" as your laws define them.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:08:13 AM EDT
[#37]
What would be interesting to know of a customer who bought 880 units, is how they are performing? Most average Bushmaster customers would only ever have a few rifles to compare. Not many would have experience of seeing first hand how good a product they really are.

So Harry if you are reading this, how many have broken so far? Inquiring minds need to know...
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:43:45 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I would also contend that with the war in Iraq it has become an extremely proven weapon system.

Although it was proven before in other conflicts, the AR weapon system is all over the news right now.  It's peoples perception.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:27:00 AM EDT
[#39]
was that 3 mil, in US or NZL funds?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:49:58 AM EDT
[#40]
nevermind, read the second page, question, NZ here i come.  hahaha
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:38:32 PM EDT
[#41]

The Remington rifles will be destroyed once the replacement rifles are in service.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:16:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Hey Spiker,

Weapons are all to fire 500 rnds as a run-in phase, before being released as "operational"  have had a few stopages which have been trace back to weapons being delivered in a "dry" state from SERCO here in NZ. No other porblems at this stage with the weapons that I have had contact with.

Sidebar: Purchase price was 3 Million NZD.

"A bad day on the range, is still a 100 times better than a good day in the office"
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:04:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Good to hear they are going well so far. After about 500 rounds I decided mine needed a nicer trigger and replaced the trigger, hammer & disconnecter for a new set. The original felt like an old fashoned light switch. I might have to call in at the range when our local cops take the 1st 3 day course in a couple weeks & see how they compare... Feel free to drop by our local forums, it would be nice to have input from someone with first hand knowlege from a police perspective. http://www.imas.co.nz/forum/
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:18:11 AM EDT
[#44]
BTW the $3 million was the figure given in the budget for the purchace. Mine cost me about $2000NZ  GST included for the bare rifle. - $919US for the rifle, $400US for export permit, exporter fee & shipping. It would be really interesting to know exactly what our govt got for the $3M.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:51:45 AM EDT
[#45]
I have been to NZ. A very beautiful country and  quite a friendly bunch of people. hat
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top