Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2003 12:45:12 PM EDT
If you're thinking of ordering one of the A1 length VLTOR rifle stocks, and will be putting it on an A2 type receiver extension, you'll need to have on hand/order an A1 length buttstock screw...the existing one is too long, and will screw down into the tube, preventing the buffer from going back far enought to lock the bolt open.  The rifle will function, it just won't lock.  

The short term fix is to just order an A1 screw...I just ordered one from Geogria Precision.  

I had a nice conversation with a guy from VLTOR today...they're now aware of the problem, and are working on their own screw to include with the stock when they ship it.  

I was tempted to cut the original A2 screw down, but figured I'd probably ruin it lol.  

The stock feels really good on the rifle...the cheek weld is very good, as other people have noted, and work fine from a bench setup.  He told me they have a couple of add ons coming, including a rubber butt pad for it, and some lanyards for the battery compartment plugs.  

Just wanted to pass this along...I'm sure VLTOR will have their stuff fairly soon, but if you're impatient, just go ahead and order the screw when you order the stock, so you'll have it when the stock gets there.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 1:01:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got mine today and was itching to put it on tonight. Bummer....
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 1:48:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top