Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/16/2004 9:57:04 PM EDT
Following the success of the first and now second Group Purchase of .458 SOCOM uppers (as well as new CorBon loads and lowers with .458 SOCOM markings), we have entered an agreement with our new US distributor for .458 SOCOM uppers (and accessories)

Basically, for those of you looking for a "off the shelf" upper, this will be your "Getting Place" as they will (shortly) have a fair number of uppers in stock (and we're working on getting a steady supply going).  Those who want a custom set up can still come to Teppo Jutsu, Tromix or SSK and get what they want there.

With this new distributor comes an new website, www.458SOCOM.com

Please stop by and pay them a visit, and feel free to buy some stuff

Marty

PS Ed, if this post is a no-no, please delete and I will take my 15 lashes with a wet noodle in stride
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:04:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Marty, any chance they're going to be a clearing house for 458 SOCOM brass and loaded ammo, too?  How about getting them to post some of that load data?  Would be pretty cool to have a one stop shop!  
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:30:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:03:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I am gonna go sooo broke from this website.
This affliction with ar's (especially the big bores) is incurable.
Sooner or later I'm gonna have to get one of these too the 'wulf could always use a brother.
And those prices are pretty reasonable too.
thanks for the info Marty.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:31:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I am gonna go sooo broke from this website.
This affliction with ar's (especially the big bores) is incurable.
Sooner or later I'm gonna have to get one of these too the 'wulf could always use a brother.
And those prices are pretty reasonable too.
thanks for the info Marty.

I second that! But first I think I'm going to do either a 6.8 or 6.5!  Also to keep on topic, I'm glad your starting to get your products out to Distributors!

Bigant
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:32:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd like to see another ammo distributor........$53/box for 600gr subsonic is a little steep....
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:46:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Tag
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:00:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'd like to see another ammo distributor........$53/box for 600gr subsonic is a little steep....

D*M straight,
If the ammo were more affordable by other means than reloading it your self, which I could do, it would make getting one of these a lot more probable for me.

Man, I feel the plastic begining to melt in my wallet as we speak.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:11:41 AM EDT
[#8]
tempting, but timing is a little off for me.  needed to get a ebr (evil black rifle) before the election (a purchase that had been planned for well over a year), so was a bad mouse at the gunshow this weekend.  Will be a few months before I can try to sneak another one into the budget.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:19:29 AM EDT
[#9]
WHAT??? I missed TWO GP's??????

DOH!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:32:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

DOH!!!!!

I was thinking the same thing when I read this.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:04:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

DOH!!!!!

But look at the GP price versus our distributor price ... and for us Texans, once that new tax bill goes into effect, we get the 8.25% sales tax back ......
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:07:03 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Marty, any chance they're going to be a clearing house for 458 SOCOM brass and loaded ammo, too?  How about getting them to post some of that load data?  Would be pretty cool to have a one stop shop!  

The distributor site should become adorned with a forum for the .458 SOCOM where reloading data should be readily available.  Brass can be had from Starline, Grafs, and I think Widener's.  Ammo - well, let's just say have started down that path but need to ensure I do not burn bridges with CorBon in case other endeavours fail.  Keep in mind CorBon was willing to load when all you could find was straight wall brass with the old 50AE headstamp with no certain future of the cartridge ....

Marty
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top