Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2004 5:23:17 PM EDT

This is my New Trijicon ACOG TA01 on top of my New 14.5" upper with a Phatom Compensator..(Please Ignore the pink wall, Its now beige anyway)

Close ups

ONly Bad thing about this is I have stuff, I dont need now.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:22:20 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

/snip

ONly Bad thing about this is I have stuff, I dont need now.

Hook a brother up.

So.... When ya gonna break it in?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:31:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Congratulations, RjSteed.  Thats a sweet upper and ACOG.  I gotta tell ya, I kind of like the pink wall.  Its sort of cool in a very Miami Vice sort of way!  Sorry, I'm a Vice fan.  Anyway, how do you like the TA01?  I'm in the market for that model of ACOG and looking for the best price I can after a lot of hard debating, soul searching, and much personal anguish over which model of ACOG to get.  I'm glad to see it fitting above your Arms #40 BUIS as I am planning on going for the same set up with mine, and already have the Arms #40.  Now I just have to hope there will be enough room to mount it in front of the BUIS and behind the hump of my new KAC RAS II.  Oh well, I'm rambling, to much coffee!  Anyway, How do you like the TA01 and where were you able to find one?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:37:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:43:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Beautiful indeed!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:47:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys... Already Broke it in, at an idoor range sad to say. The nearest good outdoor range is far away from me... I would have taken it to the tactical match in Citrus county but that damned hurricane inturupted that.
I did forget to add that this is the TA01 NSN, which is specifically for the 14.5"bbl and a 62grn bullet. Its spot on target zeroed in nicely, took some figureing though. Im in love with it myself
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:51:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Roadtrip to Manatee to air it out on the 500m range.  W00t!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:52:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Very nice - I didn't even notice the pink wall!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:54:43 PM EDT
[#8]
What kind of forend is that? Yankee hill, surefire, knight?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:56:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn!  Yeah, I guess if I would have paid half-ass attention i would have noticed it was an NSN and not a regular TA01.    Either way, its a sweet rifle.  Enjoy it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:00:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Its a DPMS upper unfortuanately. With CMMG stamped on the barrel. I think next time Ill get eh LMT barrel or something.. Dunno
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:50:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey RJ,

Nice looking rifle.  I am trying to figure a way to get you out of that OTAL!!!  

Regards, Munyguru
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:18:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Roadtrip to Manatee to air it out on the 500m range.  W00t!

Great looking rifle!  Congratulations.

BTW: Where in Manatee is there a 500m range? I'd love to air mine out at one.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:20:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't believe you about the wall being beige now. You claim this is a NEW toy...yet ask your readers to accept that you painted it after taking the pics, rather than playing with said new toy?

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:11:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Its a DPMS upper unfortuanately. With CMMG stamped on the barrel. I think next time Ill get eh LMT barrel or something.. Dunno

What's wrong with a DPMS chrome-line M4 profile barrel by CMMG? Does it have the M4 feed ramps cut like most of their M4 uppers do?

Sweet ACOG BTW - I'm green with envy

nice pink wall too
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:50:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I just got a bad taste for DPMS early... So far Im happy with this one. The feed ramps CMMG put them in...
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:55:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I just got a bad taste for DPMS early... So far Im happy with this one. The feed ramps CMMG put them in...

Very nice looking rifle, even if it has a DPMS upper
Just remember

Done Propperly Might Shoot  
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:36:24 PM EDT
[#17]
When I first started browsing this website I got the feeling that DPMS was regarded highly in the AR15 world, but lately it seems that I have been noticing some reliability issues with their weapons. Is there a previous thread that could shed some more light on this subject? I am in the market for at least 2 new AR's and was somewhat considering one of DPMS offerings for one of them. However, reliability and quality is too important to me over saving some $, so any help would be appreciated.  Sorry if this seems old to you, but just returning back to the AR field and trying to catch up with whats good and whats not. In my day, it was all Colt unless you where on a tightt budget then it was Bushmaster.

Kevin
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top