Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2005 2:05:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/9/2005 7:56:32 AM EDT by SimSon]
Recieved a case (1000rds) of IMI Israeli ammo from KY Imports today. Had already ordered before the last posts, but was optimistic because the ammo was boxed and a decent price($130/K). Well it wasn't the new boxed but older surplus in brown cardboard, Hebrew only script, no dividers, 20 rds per box. Most was early 1970's manufacture with some 1980's. Headstamps included TW, WWC, TZ and even LC. Decided to go through it after a check box or two showed some variance in quality. The final count was 64% clean, bright, no dents, good lacquer seal A1; 22% minor discoloration or not bright ( I graded it hard) but clean and no dents; 14% with minor or significant case denting with or without discoloration and 5 rounds that were hazardly dented or corrorded. Guess you do get what you pay for, But I wanted some wasting ammo and I have plenty (2K) good stuff. Just ask closely about everything you buy, boxed or not. Don't rub it in guys, It could be you next time.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 2:38:36 PM EDT
Let us know how it shoots...................................................
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:35:27 PM EDT
Still waiting for a chance to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:29:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/11/2005 3:31:16 PM EDT by SimSon]
Finally got to shoot some of the IMI ammo today. Started with the worst, that I had sorted out. It was the dented and discolored and slight corrosion what I had graded as "C" Thats C for CRAP . Shot about 120 rounds without a flaw , jam, misfire or anything else. Used two different ARs. Now whats left is the bright and clean stuff so it ought to be fine. So My $130 deal wasn't so bad afterall. Also,,This is HOT loads ; full NATO from the recoil and damage to my 100yard steel targets
Top Top