Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2003 12:00:43 PM EDT
I am working on an article on the new M16/M4 self-adjusting, rate reducing buffer from MGI and I wanted to give you guys (and gals) a heads up on it.  This bad boy works great!  I fired it in several barrel lengths and calibers and never experienced a loss in reliability.  The average cyclic rate reduction has been over 250 rounds per minute!  The most impressive to date is in my little 11.5” M16 buzz gun.  With the standard buffer it runs over 1050rpm.  With the MGI buffer it dropped to 750!  If you were listening from another shooting position it would sound almost like someone put down their M11 and grabbed an M60!  I need to do some paper printing next trip out to measure muzzle rise too.  It seems almost eliminated and stays down much more than with the normal buffer.

I still have lots of rounds to send downrange before the article is finished but I thought you might enjoy a “sneak peek” as it will be a while before it is in print.  For you guys who can’t wait that long, they are selling for around $150.00 and you can reach Mack Gwinn at (207)884-7697.

Oh well, back to doing layout for the next issue!  I hope you are enjoying SAR!

www.smallarmsreview.com
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top