Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 12/22/2003 10:55:43 AM EDT
Hey fellas,
I've seen quite a few references to rail systems I never see (i.e. KAC URX, LMT MRP, D.D. 12.0FSP-M, etc.).  Does anyone have any pictures/facts of these or any other little known, much whispered about, high-speed systems?

Cheers
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 11:48:22 AM EDT
[url=http://www.danieldefense.com/store/cart.asp?catid=3]Daniel Defense[/url]

[url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=166516&w=searchPop]URX[/url]

[url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=174776&w=searchPop]MRP[/url]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 1:14:32 PM EDT
The one that is easiest to install and the one with most advanced options, SIR sytems, can be seen at www.armsmounts.com
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 3:18:05 PM EDT
Thanks for the MRP and URX links!  As for the D.D. I checked their webpage earlier for the "M" model of the 12.0FSP but no joy.

Also someone mentioned in another thread about Surefire's rail system and eluded to "other" manufacturers presenting thier versions of rail systems soon, anything on "them"?

Cheers
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 3:28:54 PM EDT
ARMS has a few things in store for Shot Show [;)] I think Jack knows what I'm talking about, hehehe.

HK also has something new...

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 4:27:34 PM EDT
They both seem to be two of the several companies that always have real new practical idea's introduced to the civ. market sometime after showing it to military first.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 5:09:44 PM EDT
Who can wait for Feb!??!  Come on spill!!
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:00:55 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Moe-Ron:
Thanks for the MRP and URX links!  As for the D.D. I checked their webpage earlier for the "M" model of the 12.0FSP but no joy.

Also someone mentioned in another thread about Surefire's rail system and eluded to "other" manufacturers presenting thier versions of rail systems soon, anything on "them"?

Cheers
View Quote

Daniel Defense haven't unveiled any of their military submissions to the public yet.  I'm eagerly awaiting what they have in store as well.  What I have seen of the existing systems has been very promising.  If they have taken a few steps further, it ought to be the stuff dreams are made of.

As far as the Surefire rail, it is not a SOPMOD submission, nor is it a true free float, no matter what their literature might say about it.  It seems to be very comparable to the RAS in appearance, but is $100 less than the RAS.  It would probably be a good intermediate level setup.  Not quite up to a RAS or a SIR, but bettter than the Yankee Hill and Oly FIRSH or even the GG&G systems.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 9:54:55 PM EDT
I was looking over someone's chart that displayed the various dimensions/weights of rail systems "available" now and the 12.0FSP-M was listed as a midlength gas setup so maybe that's the extent of it.  

Knightone you are saying they have more up their sleeves?  I've been looking at the 12.0 from time to time and I just can't get over it, totaly hypnotic.

I've got two AR's one is slated for a #58-MOD SIR but the other....
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:41:55 AM EDT
No, Moe.  Probably just rumors and wishful thinking.  A man can dream, can't he?
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 8:33:02 AM EDT
Knightone is correct!  The RIS II candidate we submitted to Crane has never been released to the public.  We already have a Rev. B version of our RIS II candidate but all production work on these RIS II systems is on hold pending the outcome of the Crane trials, which are dragging on thanks to a protest.]

The 12.0 FSP-M is a version of our std M4 Rail which is 12" long with a cutout for a front sight tower in the mid-length gas system position.  Imagine a stretched 9.5 FSP and you get the picture.

southern  
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 9:07:12 AM EDT
Originally Posted By southern:
Knightone is correct!  The RIS II candidate we submitted to Crane has never been released to the public.  We already have a Rev. B version of our RIS II candidate but all production work on these RIS II systems is on hold pending the outcome of the Crane trials, which are dragging on thanks to a protest.]

The 12.0 FSP-M is a version of our std M4 Rail which is 12" long with a cutout for a front sight tower in the mid-length gas system position.  Imagine a stretched 9.5 FSP and you get the picture.

southern  
View Quote

Looking at examples of your previous rail systems, I myself can't wait for you to unveil your RIS II entry to the public.  I also can't wait to see the 12.0 FSP-M.  Keep up the good work!  
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 7:36:34 PM EDT
Thanks Knightone!  The support of the many great folks on this board has been invaluable to the growth of our business.  We hope to release both those products in the first half of next year.

Merry Christmas to all!

southern
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 7:59:12 PM EDT
Southern,

Can you describe the advantages of the RISII and RISII Rev.B systems over your current offerings?  Or better yet how about a photo?  That's not actually "releasing" them is it?  Besides nobody really reads these little posts!  

Cheers
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 9:45:28 AM EDT
Very clever attempt, Moe-Ron.  [:)]  

Actually, I don't even have photo's of the Rev B version.  The differences are a new attachment system at the barrel nut and a new front attachment method for the M203.

southern
Top Top