Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/30/2004 12:28:13 PM EDT
Just bought a Rock River Arms A2 Carbine, and am planning on heading to range this Weds. Question: Do I want to break the barrel in? I know some gun manufacturers say you do and some say you don't. If the answer is "yes", how do I go about it?

-J
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:37:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:58:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Go shoot 300 rounds, then clean it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:07:21 PM EDT
[#3]
See this: click here
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:08:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a RRA CAR A4 that I picked up in June as a birthday present to yours truly.  (When you get to be in your 20s, the 'rents buy you stuff for the apartment, which is useful, but not real fun...)

I called RRA to find out about the break in idea, since supposedly some barrels need it, and was told by an armorer there that the barrels are ready to rock right out of the box.  I promptly took it out shooting, and it's way more accurate than I am.  

In short, RRA sez to go out and have a good time.  [Baron
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:55:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
just shoot it

+1
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:10:40 AM EDT
[#6]
When I got my NM RRA, the guys at Rock River said to fire three shots and then clean it. Once you have fired 15 shots it will be broken in(so they told me)
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:21:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top