Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/1/2003 7:16:44 AM EDT
I am new to this board but have been reading the posts for quite some time in order to gather information.  Yesterday I broke down and purchased a Colt M4.  Difficult decision with all the other manufactures producing similar firearms.  The question I have is as follows:
I do not know if the barrel on my M4 is Chrome lined.  How critical is this.  I own and have owned numerous firearms, 44 mags, 45 acp, 22 rimfire's, 30-06's, 30-30's the list goes on. Everytime I go and shoot my firearms they all get a thorough cleaning.  I use them but I take care of them.  If in fact the barrel is not Chromed lined what is the significance given that I clean them after a day of shooting.
None of the aforementioned firearms that I own have Chrome Lined Barrels and I have never had a problem.  Some of these weapons are 30 years old.  Any comments would be appreciated so I may learn the significance of Chromed Lined Barrels.

Thanking you in advance for your comments.

Steve
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:23:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the board and welcome to the "black fever" [beer]

Yes, the barrel is chrome-lined.  The 6400c is the only Colt Match Target with a chrome-lined bore and chamber.  The others just have a chromed chamber.  IMO, the beauty about chrome-lining is I don't have to break the barrel in and it makes cleaning easier.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:36:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I love chrome. Screw quarter inch groups Id rather have a gun that shoot 20k rounds before the accuracy is even a little effected.

BTW M16A1s with chrome lined bores will shoot straight after about 40k rounds.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top