Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2003 11:43:29 PM EDT
I just traded my post-ban DCM rifle and a S&W 908 9mm pistol for a preban - It's an early Eagle Arms Coal Valley mfg in the 11XXX serial range. I just slapped a spankin' new preban configured DPMS XM177E2 clone upper on it as the upper it had was a bit tired - the lower half is mint.. it's my new favorite!

My wife thinks I have gone nuts, I have been opening and closing the collapsible stock, fixing the bayonet and admiring the 5.5" flash hider since I got it a few days ago.

Does this pre-ban euphoria ever go away?

Link Posted: 12/6/2003 11:47:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Not with me...

*attaches bayonet to the lug and points it menacingly at the wall....*

Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:06:59 AM EDT
[#2]
pre bans [size=4][b]ROCK![/b][/size=4]

i've got 5 and want another!
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 3:31:43 AM EDT
[#3]
ONLY 5.........????????????

you must be a beginner !!!

i have 14 & 4 are NIBs
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 3:37:17 AM EDT
[#4]
nutt, yes, I got bit by the bug about four years ago.

"14 & 4 are NIBs"

....... no wonder your nick is AR-15NUTT

Link Posted: 12/7/2003 6:24:38 AM EDT
[#5]
_DR, my favorite is my pre-ban XM177E2 too!  It's all original Bushmaster and I just can't bring myself to change it.  I did give it a furniture update a few months ago but I just bought new of the same so you can't really tell a difference.

OH, where are the pictures???
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:30:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
_DR, my favorite is my pre-ban XM177E2 too!  It's all original Bushmaster and I just can't bring myself to change it.  I did give it a furniture update a few months ago but I just bought new of the same so you can't really tell a difference.

OH, where are the pictures???
View Quote

Here are the pics - sorry about the poor quality - my digital camera is preban too :-(

[img]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/58666be3/bc/eagle/__sr_/preban_0008.jpg?phtS30_ARrugpf5f[/img][img]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/58666be3/bc/eagle/__sr_/Eagle+Arms+Preban_0005.jpg?phtS30_AKRD5DhiI[/img]
[img]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/58666be3/bc/eagle/__sr_/Eagle+Arms+Preban_0004.jpg?phtS30_AcUfgZJ0X[/img]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:39:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just traded my post-ban DCM rifle and a S&W 908 9mm pistol for a preban - It's an early Eagle Arms Coal Valley mfg in the 11XXX serial range. I just slapped a spankin' new preban configured DPMS XM177E2 clone upper on it as the upper it had was a bit tired - the lower half is mint.. it's my new favorite!

My wife thinks I have gone nuts, I have been opening and closing the collapsible stock, fixing the bayonet and admiring the 5.5" flash hider since I got it a few days ago.

View Quote

Last year, a good friend managed to get my NIB Eagle preban carbine away from me.  Then he had the discourtesy to pass away (at 45) before paying me.  No way was I going to bother the grieving widow so I just let it go.

5sub
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:43:41 AM EDT
[#8]
You are nicer then me - I would ask for it back - she may not realize the value of it and if not will sell it for a song - that would be a shame. You could tell her you want it to honor his memory, and you everytime you shoot it it would be in his memory. I would ask no better if I passed away than to pass my ARs to a close friend rather than end up in a dealers shop.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:03:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Only one solution for this- trade the wife for another preban! [:D]

Seriously though, I just got my preban a week ago too, and I keep opening the gun locker twice a day to admire it (OK, I admit it, play with the stock, attach the bayonet, etc.)  If I had known I would like it this much I would have gotten it a year ago when I got my first AR instead of buying a postban.

Here is a BIG pic of my own new baby:

[image=left]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-12/529176/SuperM4A3_3.jpg[/image=left]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:11:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Seriously though, I just got my preban a week ago too, and I keep opening the gun locker twice a day to admire it (OK, I admit it, play with the stock, attach the bayonet, etc.)  If I had known I would like it this much I would have gotten it a year ago when I got my first AR instead of buying a postban.

View Quote

is that the upper that came with the rifle? If not, where did you get it?

I want the same one for my pre-ban thats on the way but am short of the $550+ the bushmaster wants for their M4 uppers with phantoms
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:13:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You are nicer then me - I would ask for it back - she may not realize the value of it and if not will sell it for a song - that would be a shame. You could tell her you want it to honor his memory, and you everytime you shoot it it would be in his memory. I would ask no better if I passed away than to pass my ARs to a close friend rather than end up in a dealers shop.
View Quote

THIS grieving widow knows the value of weapons.  (Her fav weapon is my old FN FNC para.)  What she 'doesn't know' is that my friend Chuck had not paid me.

5sub
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:48:11 AM EDT
[#12]

Then she should surely understand if you made her aware. After all, good business makes good friends. You could make her aware of it without overtly asking for payment, or asking for it back. I suppose in the big picture, it doesn't matter. But I bet she would want to know, she probably assumed he paid you for it. But I could see how you would not want to bring it up in such a situation. You could ask her if she found a check or something, that he didn't get to you.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:57:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

I want the same one for my pre-ban thats on the way but am short of the $550+ the bushmaster wants for their M4 uppers with phantoms
View Quote

Wipeout, It is a new DPMS XM177 upper I bought from K2 Sports (they are a sponsor here on ARF.com)I bought it from their table at the Big Town gun show in Mesquite, texas, although I visit their shop quite frequently, in Plano tx. It was identical to the upper that was on the preban, except it was an A2, but had the same 11.5 with 5.5 XM177E2 style flash hider. I just love it. It was a good deal, I thought, at $290 for the complete upper minus the bolt group. I bought a new bolt from them for $45 and kept my carrier and charging handle from the old upper.

Not bad considering they usually retail for about $330, the were having a special for the gun show. I am delighted with it. I may refinish the original complete upper and build a rifle around it, as I kept the matched bolt.

Very nice M4gery by the way.

Link Posted: 12/7/2003 12:10:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Wipeout,

I was in the same boat as you, didn't want to spend the $$$ on a Bushmaster upper.  I actually got the upper on Ebay for $490, could have gotten it $25 cheaper but just did "bought it now"  It is a 16" m4 chrome lined flattop w/t-marked upper and phantom.  Even came with the bolt/carrier/handle, M33 Fobus handguards, a KAC vertical grip, and to boot when I got it I found it had the enhanced feed ramps(!).  Please don't be jealous!

My recommendation is talk to the guys at Del-ton.  I almost bought one of their preban chrome-lined M4 uppers (with bolt/carrier/handle) for $435, and they will even put on a phantom for an additional $25.  they are on sale for that price until Dec. 25th.  Just be aware they are heavy-under-handguard barrels on the Del-ton uppers, mine is a light barrel which is why I got it on Ebay.

IM sent with a good lead...

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top