Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/10/2006 9:53:49 AM EDT
Hi all

I got bored of my Armalite 16" upper, so I dropped some change down and picked up a new POF 18" upper.  It is very solid.  I used to have some play between the handguards, and between upper and lower on my Armalite.  Now there is zero play in the forearm, and almost none between the halves.  Great fit, and beautiful finish on this upper.

I have a YHM compensator on it, and the front sight is POF, the back is Troy Ind.  I have yet to shoot her, but will give a range report soon.

Here's some pics.  Enjoy!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/coris/pof1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/coris/pof2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/coris/pof3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/coris/pof4.jpg
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:58:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice upper, congrats'!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:06:25 PM EDT
[#2]
You should enjoy that POF upper.  They really are nice!  Have fun with it!!!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:38:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn, I think I am in lust.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:27:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys for the kind words....

Gotta break this barrel in now.  Stay tuned for range report soon!!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:36:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Friday, March 10, 2006

Hi bjjbrawler:

Congrats on your new upper!

I am very interested in buying one for myself; please do let us guys know how it shoots.  At least we can believe you, and not the entire BS you read in the gun press.

Take Care and Good Luck!

MP5 Machinenpistole
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:46:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks great!!!

Any idea on the weight?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:54:02 PM EDT
[#7]
what's that stuff that looks like tar all over the handguard?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:08:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
what's that stuff that looks like tar all over the handguard?

It's carbon.

No one told you the POF uppers sh!t outside where they eat??
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:13:23 PM EDT
[#9]
nice
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:22:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Tar?  Lol..  

If it makes sense to have a rubberized grip type of surface on your pistol grip, why not do the same for the foregrip???  It's really comfy, you have to handle it to know.

Thanks for all the compliments.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:42:56 PM EDT
[#11]
That handguard tube looks a hell of a lot less bulky than it does on POF's website pics.

I like it.  It might just become the upper for my next build.

Now....if someone would FTF me their lower........
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:43:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Tar?  Lol..  

If it makes sense to have a rubberized grip type of surface on your pistol grip, why not do the same for the foregrip???  It's really comfy, you have to handle it to know.

Did POF apply the finish, or did you?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:39:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I like the piston system, my POF is very nice check it out on the POF website under Customer pics, The only drawbacks I see to the system are a little front heavy, predator rail is bulky compared to troy,samson,la rue, etc, throws some gas in your face /w wolf ammo. and feels a little weird in the recoil department. I know these are just some small things, the system is very nice and the rifle is well worth the money and the customer service is top notch! I hoped for two thisngs in this system, a .308 chambering and ability to use standard free float picatiny rails ie samson/troy. looks like the .308 is a go,  now for the rails and boom, I lost another couple paychecks to POF...
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:14:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Tar?  Lol..  

Did POF apply the finish, or did you?

SWOdaddy,

The finish is done by POF.  This is the slim version of their Predator rail- the 12Xs.  It is much slimmer than their M4 length Predator rail.  It's great to hold- cant wait to shoot it!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:25:46 PM EDT
[#15]
very nice a POF is my next purchase.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top