Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 4:18:38 PM EDT
Installed my MI 2 piece free float  railed hand guards. Really solid. Lined up perfectly.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:54:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Very Nice.  I will be ordering mine tonight.  How simple was it to install?  Who did you order it from?  
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:19:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Ordered it from Bravo Company. $172.00 including shipping. Got it in 5 days. I took the barrel off to save the delta ring. You can cut the delta ring off and install it without removing the barrel. Easy to install. Good tip I got was to use something to keep the rail aligned when tightening the screws. I used a riser rail and split it between the upper reciever flat top and the rail on the new hand guard. They even provided the allen wrenches and locktight. I left the end cap on in case I ever want to take the MI off and replace it with original hand guards. It would look great with the cap removed because it has a forward support that would also keep debris out of the barrel.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:07:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I love mine as well. I installed them by cutting off the ring. It was kind of a pain to cut it off though, only because I ended up having to cut the moon clip under the ring as well.

I did not have one problem aligning the top rail at all. In fact it mated right up.

I also did the same thing, leave the front ring on. Not that I want to go back to the 2 piece guards, but I did not want to cut it off.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:21:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Shadowcop, could you take/post a pic from directly overtop or underneath it?  I'd just like to get a visual on how wide they are.  

Thanks!  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:29:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Shadowcop, could you take/post a pic from directly overtop or underneath it?  I'd just like to get a visual on how wide they are.  

Thanks!  

2" wide

Mike

ETA  - pic courtesy of glock24 in this thread here: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=276268

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:11:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the information. I'm also interested in these and the Samson.

Quick question: Does the forward support you talked about in the first post HAVE to be installed? Doesn't having the support eliminate it from being a true free float? Also, how big is the openning of the forward support as I have a HBAR?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:28:53 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Quick question: Does the forward support you talked about in the first post HAVE to be installed?
without it you'll have a hard time correctly installing the lower portion of the HG, as it comes in 2 pieces, a top and a bottom. The bottom protion screws to the bottom support ring at the front, which is held in place by 2 screws from the top portion.

Doesn't having the support eliminate it from being a true free float?
the front support does NOT touch the the barrel, sort of  U  s, around the barrel.

Also, how big is the openning of the forward support as I have a HBAR?
Didn't measure mine, but IIRC should fit over HBAR barrel.

Thanks in advance!

Your welcome,
Mike
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:33:59 AM EDT
[#8]
That clears up ALOT of issues. Thanks you sir!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top