Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/11/2005 8:14:12 AM EDT
I just got an email from Century Arms and they have cases (2000 rounds) of UAE M855 spec ammo for $399.00.

I am going to ASSUME that UAE is short for United Arab Emirates... right? Does anybody have any info (good or bad) on this stuff?

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:28:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DoctorCheney223:
I just got an email from Century Arms and they have cases (2000 rounds) of UAE M855 spec ammo for $399.00.

I am going to ASSUME that UAE is short for United Arab Emirates... right? Does anybody have any info (good or bad) on this stuff?

thanks,
Ron

Terrorist ammo...........
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:48:06 AM EDT
UAB huh? I have no clue about any of their ammo, as I've never seen or shot any before. But it is nice to know there is more surplus starting to turn up.

I would hazard a guess that the ammo is likely of decent quality. The UAB usually uses quality stuff in their armed forces (such as the recent buy of the advanced F-16 Block 60 aircraft).

But when I think of the UAB, I also think of intense heat. Depending on how this was stored, we have no idea what kind of temps it may have been exposed to. That's always a risk with any surplus ammo.

However, I would be willing to serve as a guinea pig and buy 2000 rounds to test.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:10:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
UAB huh? I have no clue about any of their ammo, as I've never seen or shot any before. But it is nice to know there is more surplus starting to turn up.

I would hazard a guess that the ammo is likely of decent quality. The UAB usually uses quality stuff in their armed forces (such as the recent buy of the advanced F-16 Block 60 aircraft).

But when I think of the UAB, I also think of intense heat. Depending on how this was stored, we have no idea what kind of temps it may have been exposed to. That's always a risk with any surplus ammo.

However, I would be willing to serve as a guinea pig and buy 2000 rounds to test.

Split it with me. I'll be the lab rat also
Top Top