Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/22/2012 10:59:59 AM EDT
So things are underway with my first complete build, and I thought I would share a bit and annoy all of you with questions along the way!

Things might start a little slow, since I am still getting parts together and I assume everyone knows how well that goes post election... Plus I just picked up a Saiga fearing price gouging with this UN weapons ban being on the table. So far I have a Noveske NSR-9 hand guard, Noveske Billet Gen2 lower, Rainier Arms Super match billet upper and AAC Brakeout 51t compensator on its way. It should all arrive in the next week or so im hoping. Next things on the list are a BCG and a barrel, I haevn't decided what I want to go with yet for the BCG. I like the bolt in my AAC .300blk upper, being nickel boron it ran great right out of the box. But I keep hearing that th4 NiB is just a gimmick for people who don't want to clean their guns... Is there any truth in this?

As for my barrel i'm waiting on a Noveske light Reece 16" Switchblock to come available.

What do you guys reccomend for a BCG? Should I stick with a stainless or chrome match, or get something in Nickel Boron? Also is anyone running an olive drab/Urban dark earth color combo on their gun? I couldn't find too much for pictures with that combination and im trying to keep it flexible to match an urban or woodland enviornment.

-Eric

Ill get some pictures up of my current M4 soon:
14.5" + A2 extended flash hider
Magpul moe Furniture w 6 position stock
BCM upper with auto BCG
Knights Drop in quad rail
Young Manufacturing Billet lower
Palmetto Classic parts kit
YHM Flip front sight
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:06:25 PM EDT
[#1]
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/6269/img0102rt.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Anyone have any suggestions for barrels? I am looking to go 16" chrome lined hammer forged. I like the Noveske 16 light reece switchblock, PSA FN barrels and I am sorta thinking about YHM Fluted.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 9:20:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Just picked this up... May have it dimpled just for asthetics. Trying to decide what gas block to go with that will work with the nsr9" rail well. I want a pin on adustable.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/upper-parts/barrels/psa-16-cmv-5-56-nato-mid-length-heavy-profile-chrome-lined-mp-premium-barrel.html
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top