Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2008 9:16:49 PM EST
I WAS going to link you to a pk sabre defence upper...but im still learning alot and in the time i opened this i learned the diffrence in the carbine vs mid-length.

Anyways, my original question is as follows

www.pkfirearms.com/store/get_item.aspx?id=1546&action=display

they offer that upper with a rra bolt carrier group (have to learn what that does) but im reading on the internet people that recommend buying an LMT bolt carriger group or the all great on the internet cmv bolt carrier group. What are your thoughts on this?

It looks like however this way seems to be more expensive than just buying it at my local dealer that could probably get me the whole sabre defence rifle already assembled at the same price (after i buy a receiver + bcg and lower)

I like the sabre defence rep and the barrels they use reading all that good stuff about them, but is it worth it? I mean you can get the whole cmmv upper with the BCG for probably the price of just the SD upper without the BCG.

or lastly should I get a hold of cav arms and tell them what i like including the sd upper, ??? BCG and a lower they recommend, would i come out winning dollar wise if they did it?

Thanks for all the help all,

P.S. or should i just go with this and make all my customizing easier and just be a full out sabre defense
www.talonarms.com/talonarms/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=127&products_id=311

And the lower from pk firearms
Sabre Defence Lowers
Sabre Defence 6 Position Lower Halve
Sabre Defence lower with Rock River Arms lower receiver parts kit installed. New Improved 6 position stock kit installed. Copy of FFL Required for purchase.
Our Price: $265.00
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:45:09 PM EST
Whew. Sabre middy should be great, but be sure to compare to BCM's. With an A2 FSB they're about $450, then add BCG, CH, and HG for another $175 or so, and you've got a killer upper for $625-ish.

Think about your front sight: do you need a flip? Do you want THAT one? It's a significant portion of that list price. Unless you plan to use a 2-3x scope, or solely for long range, I'd skip it.

On the BCG? Yeah, get an LMT or BCM. It's worth the extra $30.

Lower should be fine.

G'luck.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:58:57 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/3/2008 10:12:50 PM EST by infoe]
height=8
Originally Posted By carbinero:
Whew. Sabre middy should be great, but be sure to compare to BCM's. With an A2 FSB they're about $450, then add BCG, CH, and HG for another $175 or so, and you've got a killer upper for $625-ish.

Think about your front sight: do you need a flip? Do you want THAT one? It's a significant portion of that list price. Unless you plan to use a 2-3x scope, or solely for long range, I'd skip it.

On the BCG? Yeah, get an LMT or BCM. It's worth the extra $30.

Lower should be fine.

G'luck.

no I dont really care for that front sight at all...and thanks for the help but you lost me on most of the abreviations up there ;) I'm pretty sure i want to stick with sabre.
I'm looking for the mid-length and wasnt sure if this one was the mid-length barrel as well since it said M4
http://www.pkfirearms.com/store/get_item.aspx?id=733&action=display
I dont think that one is.

but i think im better of with this one, where i dont think i have to add so many options like worrying about the upper receiver...even if i decide to leave the SABRE BCG if the bcm is determined to be worth it...then its great that i can remove the standard BCG from sd and save 100 bucks and use that for the BCM BCG.

http://www.talonarms.com/talonarms/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=127&products_id=311

I intend in the future to add an aimpoint on to the rifle and that's pretty much it...oh and maybe a surefire light system so thats why i picked A3
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 12:12:39 AM EST
Are you dead set on a build. Did that just a few months ago and did not save any money. I will buy the next AR complete and get the carry case, rail covers, clips and T shirt. And warranty. Not that I have had to use it.
Top Top