Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/17/2004 11:51:30 AM EDT
Hello, I'm Dan44 the new guy. Thought I'd join this board and do research on AR15s. I belong to other boards and some of you might know me. I once owned an AR but traded it for a couple of handguns 14 years ago. It was a real POS, I got it in 1978 (SP1) shot it some but it jammed a bit and wasn't a great shooter. Now that the ban is over and I have more disposable income I'm gonna try another. This time I'm gonna get a CAR and after seeing the prices at *** for the Bushmasters I think it's time to try another.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:29:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:31:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome.

Sorry to hear about the troubles that you had with the SP1. Usually if you use only USGI mags, quality ammo, and lubricate the bolt carrier well with Breakfree CLP, most AR-15 rifles perform great.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:04:53 PM EDT
[#3]
It may have been a lemon. Once I had my brother (Navy Corpman) take it to his unit (USMC) armorer to look at but it still didn't shoot that great.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:20:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome and enjoy your stay.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top