Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/3/2006 11:15:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/3/2006 11:16:23 AM EDT by Hostile1]
I've been roaming around here for quite some time and just signed up. I have an AWB era Bushmaster. As soon as I get the funds, it will be sent off to ADCO to remove the garbage that's on the end of it. I want to purchase a collapsible stock from the equipment exchange here, but need some guidance on what to buy and how to replace my current one. My main question is, does it REALLY matter if its mil spec or not? Second, I need to know hard it is to replace it myself.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:46:11 AM EDT
Anyone?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:35:14 PM EDT
Hostile,

There is a "How to" re: replacing that stock in the Information Tab section

As to which one?

There are many to chose from and your wallet and tastes will dictate that

I suggest reading the Which Collapsible Stock thread and see what people are saying

I went with the LMT SOPMOD, which is one of the pricier versions, but one of the best as well

Good luck and keep us posted on your choice

Welcome aboard!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:27:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By redfisher:
Hostile,

There is a "How to" re: replacing that stock in the Information Tab section

As to which one?

There are many to chose from and your wallet and tastes will dictate that

I suggest reading the Which Collapsible Stock thread and see what people are saying

I went with the LMT SOPMOD, which is one of the pricier versions, but one of the best as well

Good luck and keep us posted on your choice

Welcome aboard!

+1
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:29:04 PM EDT
Welcome aboard!!

There are so many choices (and opinions) on stocks these days, definintely read the thread references above.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:39:55 PM EDT
Thanks for the info guys. I don't have a digital camera, but I can try to borrow one and give you before and after pics if possible. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:16:42 AM EDT
Please do!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:29:58 AM EDT
Welcome aboard
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:35:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Hostile1:
Thanks for the info guys. I don't have a digital camera, but I can try to borrow one and give you before and after pics if possible. Thanks again.

Everyone likes pictures!

Something to consider is your choice of slings. If you like the idea of a single point sling, change you stock and drop in a single poiny sling plate while you are at it. Here is a page that walks you through removing and installing a stock (and install the sling mount if interested).

www.jtrusty.com/?page=article/read&id=12
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:26:04 PM EDT
Hey Stick, great info. I've thought about a sling addition, but I'm left handed. I was looking for one made specifically for left handed people (ones that aren't ambidextrous having a loop on both sides). My searches have come up empty for any such mount. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can point me in the right direction.
Top Top