Lower

CMT/Stag LPK
Hogue A-2 Pistol Grip - Green
RRA M4 6-position buttstock - Green

Upper

16" Dissipator upper (RRA or DPMS)
5.56 NATO chamber 1:9
Chrome lined barrel

Any other suggestions good or bad? I've already got slings and lights in mind.. Thanks!

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:07:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a good set up.  I would suggest the Bushmaster M4 profile Dissipator barrel.  The weight difference is very noticeable.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:09:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sounds like a good set up.  I would suggest the Bushmaster M4 profile Dissipator barrel.  The weight difference is very noticeable.  

Yea, My HBAR Dissy is dang heavy, feels and points like a full size rifle. Although, If you are very interested in accuracy, the heavy barrel is the way to go
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:10:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like a good set up. I would suggest the Bushmaster M4 profile Dissipator barrel. The weight difference is very noticeable.

What's a M4 profile barrel?  I haven't seen that on any websites. I like the Dissy due to the longer sight radius and think they look sweet.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:20:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I always liked the Dissipator upper. Something about it just says "Ass kicker".
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:03:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sounds like a good set up. I would suggest the Bushmaster M4 profile Dissipator barrel. The weight difference is very noticeable.

What's a M4 profile barrel?  I haven't seen that on any websites. I like the Dissy due to the longer sight radius and think they look sweet.

I would like to know what the weight difference is to justify the extra cost of the  Bushmaster.

M4 Dissy Barrel
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:07:05 PM EDT
[#6]
CMMG also make Dissys now
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#7]
midlength gas systmem dissy... gotta love that set up!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:33:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Ahh, good info! I'm probably going with a complete A2 upper, however am building the lower.  I don't see too many dissy pictures or talk.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:29:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I had a DPMS dissy.  BUY A BUSHMASTER M4 DISSY BARREL ASSEMBLY.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:38:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
CMMG also make Dissys now

Their website says they make carbine, midlength, and rifle gas systems too.  That would be a good set up.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:45:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Ahh, good info! I'm probably going with a complete A2 upper, however am building the lower.  I don't see too many dissy pictures or talk.

I just bought a Bushmaster Dissipator complete upper:

-chrome bore 1:9 barrel, 16" M4-profile barrel
-full size sight-radius, carbine gas-system
-A1 upper (looks very cool, fewer moving parts than A2, slightly lighter, STRONGLY RECOMMEND!)
-came with an A2 flash-hider, but I replaced w/ a Vietnam-style 3-prong ($9).  If you intend to replace the A2 FS with a 3-prong for retro, or Phantom for afforable flash-suppression, make sure to make it abundantly clear when you order that you _don't_ want an FS.  I didn't make it clear enough, and they really, really screw them on at BM, so had to get a smith to remove it for me.

The complete BM upper cost me $525;  awfully good price overall.

Almost everyone I know with an HBAR Dissy says that it's nose heavy, but getting the M4-profile Dissipator barrel makes for a huge weight savings on the front end.

I'm really thrilled with the above-mentioned upper.

And I definitely do recommend considering an A1 vice A2 upper:  if you don't want the detachable handle, you might as well pick the A1.  A2 has its purposes on a full 20" range gun, but doesn't make a ton of sense on a carbine.  Plus, it's actually a little cheaper to get a Bushmaster with an A1 upper.

Hope that helps, feel free to message me with any other questions about my A1-M4-Dissipator.

-MV
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top