Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/9/2006 7:58:03 PM EDT
I saw an ad in SGNews today that showed a LR260, 20" 260 and a 243.  Any one have any details or news on this.  

I have been tossing around which 308 to buy. and this might tip the scales.  The 260 is supposed to be a flat shooter and I don't really plan on shooting surplus ammo out of a 12 lb. rifle anyway.

How does the 260 compare to 308 in trajectory and retained energy?  I know that the Grendel claims to have more downrange energy than a 308 at extreme distances.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:23:47 AM EDT
[#1]
powers

By the way, DPMS is also comming out with a new 204 Ruger offering.  As far as 260 vs 308 is concerned, here are a couple of links to Remington Ballistics and Federal Ballistics web pages which will allow you to compare multiple cartridges.

Hope this helps

firstshot
-------------------------------------
Make your first shot count!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:04:19 PM EDT
[#2]
The 260 is great at longer distances when compared to the .308.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top