Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/2/2004 4:48:05 PM EDT
Picked up my stripped lower today for my first AR-15 build. Overall I'm impressed with it accept for one thing.

http://members.cox.net/ninjor/pics/IMG_0315.jpg

What’s with the K after the serial number? It looks like it was added after everything else and then some type of finish was put over it. Notice how it’s kind of smudged. Other then that it looks perfect.

I am probably going to do a RRA LPK and collapsible stock and am looking at getting a 16" cmmg upper.

This site is wonderful and has helped me to make informed decisions about building my first AR-15.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:04:13 PM EDT
I have a PWA lower that had a letter added to the end becasue of a serial number duplicate.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:07:59 PM EDT
the K stand for kit or just a designation that the lower left the factory unasembled
I just got through building one myself.
But my finish is perfect you can tell no difference although the K is lighter marking in depth the finish is the same.
Luck of the draw the RRA lower I also just completed finish was way less than impresive in several spots.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 6:40:53 PM EDT
Great. You can't go wrong with RRA LPK's. I just assembled a lower using RRA parts and stock on an Ameetec lower and they went together like they were custom made for each other.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:32:50 PM EDT
The little smudge may even come off, I haven't tried yet. Either way it’s pretty small and the rest of it looks great.

That what I have been hearing about the RRA LPKs.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:37:04 PM EDT
That K makes it a Kit rifle
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 2:27:07 AM EDT
just assembled my dpms lower too. with dpms parts. they went together like a glove. i emailed dpms with the serial number on mine. and it came back as an 7075 forged lower. it too had a k after it. i doubt that the k had anything to with it being forged though. the trigger pull on mine feels like its around 5pds. not gritty or anything. the contact surfaces appeared to have been polished. well now i am looking for a good upper, cheap. i will be looking around for a good used one somewhere.
Top Top