Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 12/21/2009 5:07:50 PM EDT
Excuse my entry for the pssibility of exuding ignorance but I was hoping to get an opinion or two of the compatability of my nib DPMS BCG .223(not sure if phosphate or Diamond finish) in my nib .223/5.56 YHM Diamond fluted A3 upper.  From what I seem to understand, it shouldn't matter (both being mil-spec) but just as i gain confidence, there will be something on the ol' intraneet where someone is barrel down on DPMS products.  I guess I can just go out and ride er hard and check wear, pending no failures, huh?

Thx all!
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 5:56:22 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Helsing76:
Excuse my entry for the pssibility of exuding ignorance but I was hoping to get an opinion or two of the compatability of my nib DPMS BCG .223(not sure if phosphate or Diamond finish) in my nib .223/5.56 YHM Diamond fluted A3 upper.  From what I seem to understand, it shouldn't matter (both being mil-spec) but just as i gain confidence, there will be something on the ol' intraneet where someone is barrel down on DPMS products.  I guess I can just go out and ride er hard and check wear, pending no failures, huh?

Thx all!

Reality is that a higher instance of DPMS bolt failures are reported than any other major brand around here.. Now how that translates into a actual probability you will have a premature failure is anybody's guess.

This does not mean go out and buy brand "X" if you are a casual or recreational shooter as many have gotten long life out of a DPMS bolts also.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 6:14:10 PM EDT
The question was whether or not it was compatible with the upper.  Yes, it is but as the previous poster stated, there are reasons you've seen people bag on DPMS parts.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 6:28:59 PM EDT
Thx Hootbro!  Friggin impulse purchase(the BCG) as I was in a hurry to get this project finished, then my buddy shows me his chromed out Young Mfg. for his M16 and my jaw dropped so hard, I chipped a tooth on the up swing!  Well the good news is that the seller of this item has been contacted earlier and since I have not shot with it yet, I can get my moola back since it wasn't even what he was advertising (Saber Defence).  I am awaiting an email back from him to see if he stands behind his statement.  I would him rather help me acquire what I want or at the least get me what he advertised.  I appreciate the response,  Merry X-Mas!
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 6:36:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/21/2009 8:25:18 PM EDT by Helsing76]
And thank you as well Mand76.  I am definately in the recreational class, at least until I find a chest full of .223 out in the desert! Lol!  I am glad the fit is compatible, this is my first "build" as my other 3 are Colts.  I am going to give an attempt to get a hold of the seller here in Phoenix as his advertisement was for a Saber Defense and that is what I paid for.  We slipped that BCG in and I was on my way, not till I arrived home in Surprise, AZ from East Tempe and removed it that I saw the "D" stamps then just felt "had".  Hopefully it was an inventory grab mistake on his part, live and learn!  I saw a Young Mfg. Chrome BCG and have had an itch for one ever since.  Hopefully I get a response and can get the Saber/DD or he will bring in a Young fer me.  Thx again and have a great X-Mas!!!
Top Top