Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/18/2006 2:26:35 PM EDT
Hey everyone,

I just purchased my first AR yesterday. I'm just getting started and would appreciate any friendly advice. I got a Bushmaster Carbon 15 M4  with the picatinny rail.  I'm anxious to trick it out and get all the fixins... Anyone have the same gun with some pictures of mods on it? The first thing I want to get is a new scope. I've had numerous suggestions... EoTech, Aimpoint, Acog...?  I bought some Wolf ammo and i know its cheap stuff, but i'm not exactly rich and i just paid about a thousand on the gun. How often should i clean it after using Wolf?  Anyone else own this gun and have some suggestions?  Sorry if i'm beating a dead horse with these questions, but please bare with me folks. Thanks and God Bless!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:38:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Where are ya in GA?  Come hang out over here.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:19:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the same rifle and have been very happy with it. I am partial to the eotech, but you can't go wrong if you go with the aimpoint. IMO you should hold off spending the money on an acog and if you have the extra funds start building a second "traditional" AR. I think the carbon fiber is great, but you have to have both
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:23:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah come on over to the Ga boards.

We need to meet up I've never even seen the carbon version and would like to try shooting one.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:08:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Bought one a few weeks ago, will be shooting it tomorrow for the first time.  Put an IOR 4x scope on it with IOR rings.  The two feel good together, nice and light and handy compared to my other (real x-military) guns.  After lugging a Hakim, M1Garand or FN49 to the range, it's a pleasure to pick up something that feels almost as handy as my 1907 vintage Winchester '94 carbine or my sks's.  I will sure post my results, with alot of different ammo, sighting in the open sites, then the scope.  Those carbon models seem to polarize people, either you love 'em or you would rather get poked in the eye with a sharp stick.  If it holds up as well as it looks and feels, I will be very happy indeed.

Lois
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:37:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought mine about a year ago.  I have put 1500+ rounds through it and have had no problems.  This rifle has a B.M.A.S. four rail handguard, a First Samco folding grip, and an EOTech gunsite.  Now the EOTech has been moved from the handguards to the top of the reciver.  This is my first post on AR15.com, so I hope I did it right. http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/kenelvig/PICT0030.jpg
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:40:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I bought mine about a year ago.  I have put 1500+ rounds through it and have had no problems.  This rifle has a B.M.A.S. four rail handguard, a First Samco folding grip, and an EOTech gunsite.  Now the EOTech has been moved from the handguards to the top of the reciver.  This is my first post on AR15.com, so I hope I did it right. i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/kenelvig/PICT0030.jpg

looks nice
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:30:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Shot mine today for the first time.  Tried Wolf, PMC, Winchester, and Remington ammo in it.  Turns out, the Remington shot the best.  The Wolf was the worst, 4" groups (if you can call them that) at 100yds, and the rest doing better than 2" groups if I did not mess up things myself.  Shot a couple hundred rounds, no problems.  Tried out a JP cleaning rod guide-worked great, and found a new favorite cleaning rod, the Tipton carbon fiber-much smoother bearings than the Dewey's I own.  
I really like this carbine with the exception of that horrible handgrip; it's not very comfortable for my smaller-than-the-average-man's-hands (I'm a 5'2" woman).  So my first change is going to be a Tangodown handgrip, and the second is an extended charging handle so I can reach it easier with the scope attached.  Then I'm gonna look into railed handguards.  It never ends, does it?

Cant resist posting a pic, excuse the quality, it was taken with my phone.
http://home.earthlink.net/~tzvia/images/Rifles/Carbon15at-the-range.jpg

Lois
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:09:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice rifle!  I bought mine a few months after the ban sunset.  I wish I had waited until the flat top came out.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:28:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the picture NorseBoy.  I think thats exactly the mods i want on my Bushy now!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top