Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/27/2004 5:27:39 AM EDT
I am about to purchase a new Bushmaster upper to mate to a Colt Match Target Competition.

Should I buy a complete upper (w/ bolt and charging handle) or may I use my Colt bolt? What kind of headspacing issues are we looking at?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:37:10 AM EDT
[#1]
If the colt is relatively new (not a lot of wear on it, like 15 thousand rounds), you're good to go.

I do the same thing to keep the wear off of my COLT barrels.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:38:41 AM EDT
[#2]
That barrel has well below 15000 rounds through it. I am wondering if $135 is a good enough reason to just go with a new bolt. I like the Bushmaster upper and will likely have them hang a Phantom flash suppressor on it.

How about pin sizes? Why would I want M4 handguards?

Will a 14.5" Bushmaster M4 upper with a Phantom suppressor accept the M7 or M9 bayonet?
Do I need one? No. Do I want one because I was told I couldn't have one before? You bet your sweet ass.

One thing is for sure...Bushmaster's accountants must be salivating right now.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:22:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Took the plunge...

1  YHM-29            Phantom Flash Suppressor                          Installation: Installed        $34.95          $34.95  
1  1005-087-8988-PK  Fiberite Six Position Telescoping Stock Assembly                                 $99.95          $99.95  
1  BURA3B 14.5M4     14.5in Pre Ban M4 Upper Receiver         Model: A3 No Carry Handle     $555.00         $555.00                                                          M4 Type Handguard: Yes

Now I need to find a use for my 20" HBAR flat top...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top