Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2008 7:47:50 PM EDT
I think I read somewhere recently that most new Bushmaster barrels are being made with M4 feedramp barrel extensions.  I just got my Superlight barrel direct from Bushmaster the other day.  It looks like it has extended feedramps, but I'm not really sure.  I don't really care either way, but I want to make sure I order the right upper receiver.   Does someone have some pics showing the differences between the barrel extensions?   Thx
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 8:10:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/5/2008 8:12:25 PM EDT by Branspop]
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 8:12:56 PM EDT
Not my pic, I found it on xdtalk.com, but is is a good angle of what you need to see.  The cuts are extended past the barel extension, into the upper.  If you have m4 cuts in your upper, do not use a barrel who's extension do not match.

Link Posted: 9/5/2008 8:38:09 PM EDT
I have found if you do have the M4 extension CMT and YHM flat tops with M4 ramps line up perfect.Bright flashlights has YHM uppers with ramps $95 shipped mine is great..no T numbers but for that price who cares
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 8:51:34 PM EDT
Thanks guys.  It looks like it does have the M4 ramps.  I plan on getting a CMT upper to go with it.  Should make for a nice LW/KISS rifle
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 9:19:01 PM EDT
I don't think all barrels have them, just the M4 barrels.  You may want to call Bushmaster.....
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 9:47:37 PM EDT
Last time I called Bushmaster I was told they never made 1x7 barrels..had to explain I have 2 in M4 profile...still said they dont make em...hung up
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:13:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/3/2009 5:43:58 PM EDT by Mike92GT]
Here is a pic of what I have.  When compared to the pictures at ar15barrels.com it sure looks like my barrel has extended feedramps.  Am I wrong?  
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:45:44 AM EDT
Nope, those are M4 ramps.  My Superlight bbl. from PK had them as well.  I believe they're using them now.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 7:29:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By KJB:
I don't think all barrels have them, just the M4 barrels.  You may want to call Bushmaster.....

FYI, my 16" HBAR came with a full M4 feedramps.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 9:12:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MillerSHO:

Good to know.  Are they still using a standard front sight base?
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 10:04:58 AM EDT
Yup, mine still has a standard front sight base.  No F mark.  It does have a crown logo on it, which none of my older barrels have had

Originally Posted By MillerSHO:

Good to know.  Are they still using a standard front sight base?
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 10:12:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ChromeLined:
Last time I called Bushmaster I was told they never made 1x7 barrels..had to explain I have 2 in M4 profile...still said they dont make em...hung up
Bastids (Boston accent).
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 10:12:59 AM EDT
From what I have read, yes M4 feed ramps are used now, but bushaster designates them M2:

From bushmaster tech support:

Do Bushmaster barrels and uppers now have M4 feed ramps?

Thanks.

-556Cliff

Hello,
The Bushmaster barrels and uppers come with the deeper M2 feed ramps.

Thank you,

-Jim Eden Tech Support

Is this only on complete rifles and carbines or is this on all barrels and uppers?

Also, Do your flat top uppers come with the "T" marks in the rail slots?

Thanks.

-556Cliff

Hi,
It is on all barrels and uppers unless you specify standard barrel extensions and uppers as an option.

The flat top receivers do not have the "T" marks.

Thank you,

-Jim Eden Tech Support

There is just speculation on why they just don't call them m4.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 7:31:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By scottp999:
From what I have read, yes M4 feed ramps are used now, but bushaster designates them M2:

From bushmaster tech support:

Do Bushmaster barrels and uppers now have M4 feed ramps?

Thanks.

-556Cliff

Hello,
The Bushmaster barrels and uppers come with the deeper M2 feed ramps.

Thank you,

-Jim Eden Tech Support

Is this only on complete rifles and carbines or is this on all barrels and uppers?

Also, Do your flat top uppers come with the "T" marks in the rail slots?

Thanks.

-556Cliff

Hi,
It is on all barrels and uppers unless you specify standard barrel extensions and uppers as an option.

The flat top receivers do not have the "T" marks.

Thank you,

-Jim Eden Tech Support

There is just speculation on why they just don't call them m4.

M4 is a colt trademarked term for extended feed ramps
Top Top