Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/14/2005 4:27:58 PM EDT
Well, I finally got it, my first AR (Bushmaster Varminter). Well I went out coyote hunting with it last weekend and didn't have a sling, subsequently froze my fingers off holding the damn thing in 15 degree weather.  Is there a good sling out there that works better than the usual ones.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:34:03 PM EDT
[#1]
ballisticbill,

I bought an Advance Tech SKS sling that works great on my Stainless Varmint. SKS Sling

I bought mine at a gunshow for $5.00 last year and it was a blessing. I think I saw them at Walmart awhile back so you might want to check there.

On the other hand if you want a nice padded sling you can purchase a sling that has the adjustable tabs---no QD Swivels---and buy the QD's separately.

Not to change the subject but did you have any luck on your hunt? I'm hoping to get the time and head out after good ol' Wiley Coyote down here in Ohio.

TS
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:34:26 PM EDT
[#2]
i like the  U.S. 1907 sling.  nice and solid, and you can sling up real tight with it for support.  when i was doing alot of varmint ground squirrel hunting in CA i found i could get slung up and into "rice paddy prone" (squating postion) for real stable and fast shooting.  i actually started leaving the bipod home because of this sling.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top