Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2004 6:30:24 PM EDT
I get home from work today and find my new Bushmaster 16" M4 (A2) upper waiting on me.  So, I open the package and start checking this baby out.  Surprise! Surprise!  I did not know what I ordered (bura 16m4) direct from Bushmaster was going to come with an M4 barrel extension AND feed ramps!  Kick ass!  By this point, I am real excited.  So, I slide my new toy on my Bushmaster lower and WTF!  It is so damn loose I can egange both takedown pins and still rock the upper back and forth enough to hear an audible tap.  Upon further inspection I find that I can disengage the rear takedown pin and "swing" the upper back and forth some 3/8" either side of center.  I have two other Bushmaster uppers and they fit nice and tight.  So, I went from completely pumped to down-in-the-dumps in about 5 minutes. have
Cheers,
marlboro
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:45:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to hear about that.  Not all fits are tight, but that one sounds a little loose.  Didn't know Bushy was allowed to put M4 extensions on their barrels, with the whole Colt lawsuit and all.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:55:41 PM EDT
[#2]
mongo,

I agree about the M4 barrel extension and feed ramps.  I read on here that Bushy was NOT going to offer M4 ramps or barrel extensions, but mine was ordered right off their website and it's got them.  To bad it don't fit!  !@#$%^&
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:58:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought a bushy A1 upper and had the same problem. So I sent it back for inspection. It was returned with a note saying it was "within spec's". Needless to say I sold it and took my lower with me to the next gun show to shop for a new upper receiver where I could try the fit first before buying. I found the problem was both the Bushmaster upper and lower were off  just a little. The other uppers I had that fit tight on there lowers but were also a little loose on this lower. But the new A1 was real loose. Yet the new A1 on my other Bushmaster lowers was "almost"a snug fit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top