Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/2/2007 6:09:05 PM EDT
Two Questions:

1.I put the rifle length MI FF rail-The top of the rail is 1mm or so lower than my upper receiver. is this typical?

2. I also installed the YHM front sight tower

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x109/rotcatcu/YHM-9394FlipSightTower-2.jpg

The sight does not engage the "cutouts" in the barrel, and as such if it become loose could rotate. Should i be concerned that this could happen?

Thanks ARFcom!
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 6:15:04 PM EDT
[#1]

Fixed the pic.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:11:07 AM EDT
[#2]
54 views and no replies...im going to repost this in the AR-15 forum. Mods feel free to delete
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:18:59 AM EDT
[#3]
My cheap UTG rail mount is right on with the flat top so I would expect the same from yours but have no experience with MI FF.

So long as you lock-tite the screws you should not have a problem with it rotating, but I'm sure it is a real possibility anytime you use that kind of front sight (again I have not installed one of those).
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:08:16 AM EDT
[#4]
what brand of upper reciever are you using? i have the MI on a rra and it matches perfectly, i am not sure what could be causing the problem, maybe an out of spec part? i would measure everything and if it all checks out start calling the manufacturers, i know that does not help much, wish i could be of more help
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:20:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The sight does not engage the "cutouts" in the barrel, and as such if it become loose could rotate. Should i be concerned that this could happen?

that is the risk you run when using a clamp on style FSB...
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:26:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Maybe if you posted a picture, you'd get more replies.

Not sure what cutouts your speaking of (M4 cuts? barrel step in diameter? what?).

The barrel diameter should remain pretty constant around the gas port.  

Seeing as how the YHM FSB is roughly the same length as an A2 FSB, you shouldn't have any problems.

Again, post pics of your problem or better explain them for more specific answers.

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:31:41 AM EDT
[#7]
thanks for the replies.

I can post any pics until later, so check back tomorrow!

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:43:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

that is the risk you run when using a clamp on style FSB...

+1
Use red loctite if it bothers you.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top