Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/12/2006 12:25:52 PM EDT
It's probably covered in here, and I've worked through a few of these problems before, I'm just looking for a short answer...

New build, DPMS lower/Del-Ton upper (20" FF barrel), standard LPK and bolt group.  Rifle is a shooter and hits everything I point it at (IOR M2 optics...SWEET), but sometimes goes bang bang click.  Swapped magazines around, checked gas key for tightness and staking (it is good), checked gass rings for stagger (good to go).

Shooting SS109 gives the issues, not all the tiime, but some.  A buddy gave me a mag of ADCOM M855 and it ran like a top w/out hiccup.  Here's my question; rifle only has 200 rounds through it as of this posting, should I not sweat it until about 500 rounds and give it a chance to break it/seat?

Many thanks.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:46:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:53:18 PM EDT
[#2]
WILCO
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:28:35 PM EDT
[#3]
If anyone's interested...

Ran 180 more rounds through this rifle and the thing would still short stoke on occasion.  Took it to John Axe @ Gun R/X (Cache Creek Fly Shop, if you're anywhere near Lawton, OK, John's a great smith) and talked about my problems...we proceded to tear the rifle apart and swapped the original recoil spring (from an older Bushmaster, mic'd at .075) for a new spring (mic'd at .069) and lo and behold...rifle runs like a raped ape now.

Seems that the larger diameter spring was giving too much sproing...

May be something good to check out it you've got short stroking issues on a new build.

Be safe
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:06:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:36:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got the other spring sitting in my parts bin for just such an occasion, THX for the input.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top