Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/12/2005 4:24:17 AM EDT
I've got a Colt H-Bar Target lower with a 24"bull upper, free floated, flat top. I'm interested in a much lighter weight barrel so I can lug the beast around. Looking for a precision barrel, 1x9 twist and prefer a black finish, stainless too bright but I can always paint it. Most of my coyote shots are at 100 - 150 yds. Want the barrel ready to install. What about the bushy varminter barrel, it is available?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:45:03 AM EDT
If you want a precision barrel I'd get a WOA 1/7 DCM S.S. barrel from ADCO and have it KG coated black. It comes without the FSB, check it out here WOA Barrel @ Adco
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 7:09:19 AM EDT
Thanks, my post was not specific enough, I'm shooting short range, 100-150yds, thought the 1x9 was best twist for that, 1x7 need to shoot heavy rounds? 69gr plus? Anyway, looked at the barrel you mentioned, interesting. I'm installing a Jewell trigger now, first time, going OK, should test fire soon, then I'm ready to find the barrel.

The 1x7 twist seems to be a hot topic but I'm not a reloader of .223 at this time.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:06:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By gamboman:
Thanks, my post was not specific enough, I'm shooting short range, 100-150yds, thought the 1x9 was best twist for that, 1x7 need to shoot heavy rounds? 69gr plus? Anyway, looked at the barrel you mentioned, interesting. I'm installing a Jewell trigger now, first time, going OK, should test fire soon, then I'm ready to find the barrel.

The 1x7 twist seems to be a hot topic but I'm not a reloader of .223 at this time.

There is much to read in the Ammo Oracle.
Top Top