Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/13/2005 4:48:41 PM EDT
I took the upper off of my new BM C15 97S pistol and put it on my lower from my BM C15 21S and noticed that unless I yank the action back, my new carbon 15 lower won't go into 'safe'.  It will only go to the safe position if its cocked.  I took the lower off of the upper and it flat won't go into safe unless I cock it.  Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:51:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Get a bigger safe  
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:53:49 PM EDT
[#2]
My 16" A2 carbine does the exact same thing. I don't think it is a really big deal. If your rifle is not cocked why do you need the safety on???
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:57:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Come on that was funny....
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:57:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Behavior by design.  NO AR15 or M16 selector can be placed on "safe" unless the hammer is cocked.  The hammer's rear end is too far up to allow the selector to go to "safe".
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:00:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Get a bigger safe  

I was thinking the same thing!  
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:08:13 PM EDT
[#6]
If you go to an auto mechanic and tell him that you can't put the car in gear without pressing the brake, it's annoying but still by design.  The AR-15 was designed to be put into safe only when the hammer was cocked.  Really no big deal.  You should clear your weapon anyhow.  If you're storing your gun, you should store it with the hammer down on an empty chamber, safety off.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:10:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My 16" A2 carbine does the exact same thing. I don't think it is a really big deal. If your rifle is not cocked why do you need the safety on???

Thanks for the info. guys.  I never noticed that on my other lower.  BTW it goes right into the safe next to the other guns on its own.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:18:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Get a bigger safe  h.gif

should read: get bigger safe
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:23:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the info. guys.  I never noticed that on my other lower.  BTW it goes right into the safe next to the other guns on its own.

While it's nice to have a well trained rifle , too much safetime is bad for the little fella.
Take him for a nice walk at the range  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top