Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/17/2005 9:17:49 AM EDT
Greetings
I've been lurking here for awhile and have finally decided to spend the money and get an AR15. My LGS owner persuaded me to order a new Armalite with the National Match trigger factory installed. He said it was basicly the same as the National Match rifle without the barrel, which he said would only be good for shooting lower weight bullets.  Has he lead me astray? He has a used Colt Hbar for sale in his shop, would that be as good, better or what? He had to order the Armalite and it won't be here until Wednesday.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:23:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Which model Armalite did you get?

There are some very good ones to be had, including their mid-length models.

In terms of sales, Armalite probably ranks #4, but that does not mean they are any less quality, or capable than the other 3. In fact, I have heard very positive feedback on their quality fit and finish-wise.

But remember,  you will always get a biased pitch from a dealer.

eta: Welcome to the site, dbracin! and enjoy your new shooter!

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:24:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Armalites are great rifles.  I recommend them for people wanting a factory rifle.  My favorite upper was their 16" ss midlength.  Nothing wrong with getting a two stage trigger.  You will want one sooner or later.  I actually prefer my Aramalite trigger over my RRA, but both are excellent.  Now for the Geiselle(sp?), is it Christmas yet?

Model please.  Some dealers speak half truths out of forked tongues.  It's better to do your own research first and then you don't have to rely on someone else's opinion.  You will like your new Armalite.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:35:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Without knowing more about what you plan to do with either weapon, we can only guess at which would be better for you.

If the Armalite is already ordered, you probably should have been asking us questions sooner.... I hope you didn't end up with an A2 1:12 pseudo match gun.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:04:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I have three Armalite rifles. I have an A2 with a NM trigger. I have a midlength 16 inch flat top, and I have an 16 inch AR10 A2.  Armalite in my opinion makes a quality firearm.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:43:51 PM EDT
[#5]
It is a basic M-15A2 with a 20 inch barrel 1in9 twist, all black.  I wanted a basic gun for my first. I plan on shooting it alot and wanted something that would shoot well. The dealer actually did sell me
on the NM trigger, the price was not much more, already installed from the factory. I trust this
dealer to give me an honest opinion. ( It just so happens to be his... LOL)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top