Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/7/2006 1:40:56 PM EDT
Yes, I've searched. Noone created a thread with the word "strikedot" in it so here goes...

It looks like a Company named Ultra Dot came up with a new Aimpoint clone. I received an email from IslandTactical regarding it. THIS is the link they gave me and THIS is the actual page for it. Here it is:

Detailed Description

This is an Aimpoint clone and very nice. We presently have on our Springfield M1A Scout rifle.

The Ultra Dot StrikeDot reflex sight is designed for rapid target engagement at short to medium ranges. Constructed of rugged aluminum and finished in a matte hard anodized coating. Completely waterproof for demanding use and 5 level brightness control for the 4 moa reticle. Comes complete with a 30mm weaver mounting ring, flip-up lens caps, and batteries.

I'm not sure what I expect anyone to do with this information....
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:47:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:51:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/7/2006 7:52:13 PM EDT by JosephR]
oh yeah.

What did Shakespeare write? "A turd by any other name..."

I had to create my own thread to knock it before I ended up in someone else's thread getting accused of going OT and being an ass. This way, I'm an on-topic a$$hole.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:00:26 PM EDT
UltraDot makes most excellent Dots. They are just late into the " Tactical Ninja " market.

I'd buy UltraDot over the overpriced and over rated Aimpoint products anyday !
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:07:57 PM EDT
huh bookmarked for later free cash. Anybody got a pic of the sight picture?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:22:56 PM EDT
it looks like the following picture but without the facial features:

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:25:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JosephR:
it looks like the following picture but without the facial features:

LOL I was actually wondering how the glass looked.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:37:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/7/2006 8:39:08 PM EDT by Dont-Tread-On-Me]
The few Ultradots I've seen are about 1/2 as bright on setting 11 as an Aimpoint is on setting 8. In the ultra-bright Florida summer days around noon, even setting 8 on an Aimpoint is difficult to see. You need 9 or 10 to guarantee no washout.

That and 50hr battery life. Sorry, no deal. While the Ultradot costs 1/3 of an Aimpoint, I'd rather have 1 Aimpoint than 3 Ultradots. If you can't afford it, don't buy a substitute. Save your pennies and go straight to what really works.

I'd rather use irons than a dot I can't see.

Edited to add: I am by far NOT an optics snob, nor am I a brand-loyalist. Just reporting the truth.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:51:40 PM EDT
Sorry you didn't get it- I picked a red smiley because he was round and red. I was going to use MS Paint to draw a red dot, and a black circle with white inside but was too damn lazy. I think you got my joke though...
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:53:51 PM EDT
hehe I got it man I just wanted to poke you with a stick
Top Top