Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/15/2009 11:10:50 AM EDT
Noobie here, first post. I recently purchased a DPMS LR.308 but now am looking at a new AR. Basically my choices have boiled down to 3 models and I can't get passed the decision. Actually, I don't know enough about them to get passed it.
1) Armalite M15a4
2) S&W MP15A with FT
3) Les Baer ARLB0019

The SW and Armalite are the same cost and are relatively base. The Les is almost basic but features the 4 side picatiny forward grip. The grip is something that I definitely want and can add to the other two models. The Les is $390 more. If anyone can help, I would be obliged.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:33:04 PM EDT
[#1]
S&W gets good reviews around here. F marked front sight and milspec buffer tube. If you're set on getting rails you can get DD Omega rails for ~$260. They are easy to install (no modification/major dissasembly required) so I say, if the price is right, go for it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:43:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd go for the Les Baer.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

The SW and Armalite are the same cost and are relatively base. The Les is almost basic but features the 4 side picatiny forward grip. The grip is something that I definitely want and can add to the other two models. The Les is $390 more. If anyone can help, I would be obliged.

Go ahead and get the Les.  You'll end up sinking that extra $390 into either of the other ones for the features you want which the Les has already.  Plus I believe the Les is better anyway.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:50:11 PM EDT
[#4]
If those are the ONLY three choices, then I would go with the S&W. Although I would much rather have a complete Bravo Company with a dd omega rail and still come in way cheaper than the les baer.

link 1

link 2

link 3

link 4

lower=      350.00
upper=     475.00
BCG=      160.00
DD rail=    275.00

$1260.00 total. This would be my first choice
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top