Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2004 7:50:49 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/1/2004 8:03:59 AM EST by NY_AR_Guy]
I am in the process of buying a pre-ban bushmaster lower. I'm getting it without a trigger control group, and without a stock. I wanted to sent it out to a good dealer to mate it to an M4 type, flattop upper with a phantom flash suppressor. I'm not sure if I want a 14.5 or 16" barrel. This would be a home defense/range gun. Also I want to have the shop install a RRA NM trigger group, RRA hougue grip, and either a RRA retractable stock or a Vltor.

Any opinions on where I can have this done?

BTW: I'm looking at LMT, Bushmaster, and RRA uppers. Which would you choose and why? I'm leaning towards LMT because, from what I've read, LMT probably made my bushmaster lower, and they come with M4 feed ramps and 1:7 twist.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:55:44 AM EST
Welcome to AR15.com.

Thats all I'm going to say.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:59:51 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/1/2004 8:01:19 AM EST by Feedingcannibal]
Do it yourself or risk everlasting ridicule.

Lower Receiver Assembly
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:00:00 AM EST
This thread should fill up pretty quick, welcome to the board. I'll throw my nod to adcofirearms.com/ for great prices, great service, great super low shipping charges, and just being all around great guys.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:01:49 AM EST
Thanks for the welcome guys. I eventually plan on doing one myself, but don't have the time to learn properly right now.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:04:07 AM EST

Originally Posted By NY_AR_Guy:
Thanks for the welcome guys. I eventually plan on doing one myself, but don't have the time to learn properly right now.

It's not brain surgery.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:04:32 AM EST
Also, I would NOT put a special trigger on a defensive weapon, the standard ones are more than fine. Getting a standard RRA lower parts kit, and standard RRA 6 position stock will save you several hundred dollars, which should be enough to get you a back up iron sight and optic, or at least get you close to it.

Just get the BUIS (back up iron sight) from the start. There is no point in getting a carry handle, and then having to spend more money to buy another sight later on.

Here is a pic of one of mine, the BUIS simply stays in the up position.

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:05:48 AM EST

Originally Posted By Rusty69:

It's not brain surgery.

Its not brain science or rocket surgery.... Perhaps someone in his area can help him out? It would certainly save him money, AND get him more squared away with his weapon knowledge.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:09:29 AM EST

Originally Posted By Stickman:

Originally Posted By Rusty69:

It's not brain surgery.

Its not brain science or rocket surgery.... Perhaps someone in his area can help him out? It would certainly save him money, AND get him more squared away with his weapon knowledge.

If I lived in NY I'd be happy to help the man out. Anything for another firearm owner.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:09:55 AM EST
Go for it and do it yourself.
Takes about an hour the first time you do it, and the pride and knowledge you gain makes you better for it.
Plus you save money for other gear.
If you get the 14.5" then remember you must use a flash suppressor that is permanently attached, and long enough to bring overall barrel lenght to 16"
Top Top