Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/2/2006 7:07:25 PM EDT
I am building up a AR-15. So far I have a RRA 16" upper. I understand these are made with Wilson Barrels so I was informed. I went with a Stag Arms Lower. I was told the RRA uppers shoot well.

I have added the following:
1. ProMag Riser
2. Weaver GrandSlam Rings
3. BSA Platinum 8-32 Target Scope
4. ErgoGrip
5. Harris Bi-Pod

I have on order:
1. CZ V22 .22 Upper
2. Another BSA Platinum 8-32 Target Scope
3. A another set of rings and a Riser
4. A Jewell 1# to 7# Adjustable Trigger

Question about the jewell trigger. I have been impressed with other Jewell triggers I shot on some bolt actions in the past. How good is the AR version?

Any other suggestions on ensuring a get a good shooter out of this.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:45:27 AM EDT
[#1]

I think the 2-stage jewell for the AR is outstanding. Very smooth, clean break, easily adjustable. I just ordered another to have a backup service rifle.

Frank
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:30:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:27:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Ditto Dano's comments on the BSA scope. Look up SWFA and take a long hard look at the Super Sniper scope. I have used scopes costing almost 6 times what the SS sells for that are not substantially any better. I don't mind paying more IF I get substantially more, but I'm not going to throw money away for a name.

The Bushnell Elite 3200 is another example of getting far more than what you pay. In fact, Barret has an article in his Tactical guide (on the newsstand) with a recommendation for the little Bushnell on an M82A1.

Not trying to trash your choice here, but there are other alternatives out there that you might not hear about otherwise!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top