Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2008 8:28:33 AM EDT
Guys,

I have a new AR-15 coming.

It is an LMT, CQB Gas Piston Variant in 5.56mm. Should be here in October.

A few questions:

1) My dealer swears he can get me this and claims he ordered it. Can anyone verify that LMT is indeed making commercial Gas Piston rifles?

2) How is the LMT Trigger? Single stage? 2 stage? Like a match trigger or a service trigger?

3) Anyone know how much this rifle weights or if the Gas Piston system adds significant weight vs a DI gas system?

Many thanks!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:55:14 AM EDT

Originally Posted By NemesisLead:
Guys,

I have a new AR-15 coming.

It is an LMT, CQB Gas Piston Variant in 5.56mm. Should be here in October.

A few questions:

1) My dealer swears he can get me this and claims he ordered it. Can anyone verify that LMT is indeed making commercial Gas Piston rifles?

2) How is the LMT Trigger? Single stage? 2 stage? Like a match trigger or a service trigger?

3) Anyone know how much this rifle weights or if the Gas Piston system adds significant weight vs a DI gas system?

Many thanks!

I have yet to see one that has been ordered for over a year arive at my local dealer. Even full Defender 2000s are slow in ariving if they do arive. My dealer has had LM&T uppers and lowers on order for over a year with none ariving.

If your dealer has some inside contacts with Mr. Lewis he could be tellin you the truth. Myself I just like a Std. combat single stage trigger. Less to go wrong with and simple to replace parts.
Let us know if you get yours.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:43:09 AM EDT
I encountered a computer glitch when ordering LMT through my dealer, but the order finally went in on April 22. The complete rifle came in halfway through June. Calls to customer service were painless, and I was given a shipping date that turned out to be a few days off. I would call every few weeks for an update, just to remind LMT that they've opened their doors to individual customers--and should treat them as such.

Their triggers aren't the best, but they're not the worst either.

+1 on sticking with the single stage for GP rifle work.
Top Top