Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2004 3:08:35 PM EDT
Just bought a new Colt AR15A2 model 6520 16 inch carbine. I keep hearing that you cannot buy a New Colt with all the preban stuff on it. But....yesterday I bought one with a flash hider, bayonet lug, retractable stock, all of it. It was marked govt/military/law enforcement/export only. Manf by Colt Defense. Says AR15A2 not sporter on the lower. came with 2 30 round colt mags. It is NIB had just arrived at the store lass then a week ago.  So is Colt selling these again to the public? I paid a grand out the door, including tax. 200 more then a bushie around here but I like my Colts. What can you tell me about this baby, It goes well with my preban HBAR.{yes I celebrated when the ban was over}
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:20:28 PM EDT
[#1]
A lot of people are going to hate this response.  Flip it!  Anything that's made by Colt with the LE ONLY stamps on it, for some unknown phonomena, is in high demand by some people.  You can get at least $1500 for that on gunbroker.  Buy a bunch and flip em.  (Flame suit on)
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:17:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Is the 6520 the same as a 6920? My book, [alabet several years old]shows the 6520 being manf in 88-90 or so. It is a new manf though.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:47:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Is the 6520 the same as a 6920? My book, [alabet several years old]shows the 6520 being manf in 88-90 or so. It is a new manf though.

They are not the same at all.
6520 - A2 receiver, pencil barrel.
6920 - flattop, M4 barrel.

Both are 16 inch tubes. Both are, IMHO, outstanding weapons.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:10:20 PM EDT
[#4]
OK, I'm really more of a 1911 guy. Have many of those. I do like the ARs tho. I only have three, one a GS serial numbered Colt. One a DPMS lower, FN GI upper I built as I wanted a 1/12 twist, and this one I picked up yesterday. I wanted a very light one and this was hanging on the shop wall for a grand OTD. Were these originally built around 88 or 90? I would assume this is new Manf as The mags and such were still packaged and taped up. [2 30 rounders]  I figured a grand was not out of line as bushies are anywhere from 795 to 895 around here. I have had nothing but good from my GS Colt. I can't remember it ever doing anything but what it should do...go bang.  So far my mixmaster has been fine but I have only had it to the range 4 times and about 300 rounds. Not enough to really tell.  What is the going price for the carbine, 1500 is a bit o" gouging is it not?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:12:23 PM EDT
[#5]
$1500 would be price gouging...if anyone was getting that much.  The Gunbroker.com auction Niceguymr mentioned has been up for 5 days (it's a 7 day auction) and there hasn't been ONE bid - kinda tells you something, doesn't it?

And this thread on the Equipment Exchange had two NIB 6520s for sale for $995.00 delivered.  They sold rather quickly.

So, you just got a decent deal on a new rifle (not an old one that had been gathering dust).  Keep shooting it and enjoy it as you would any other well-made rifle acquired at a reasonable price.  And forget about "flipping" it unless you like beating the bushes for suckers, hoping you can rip them off, then praying you can find the same rifle you just sold at the same price you'd gotten it for the first time.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:33:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Nah, I don't flip guns. I haven't sold one in almost 20 years thinking about it. The last one was a Colt trooper III in about 86 or so and that was the only one. I wanted a light handy AR my other one is a bit awkward, since it's scoped and all. 10 pds is a bit heavy for a AR. But I whack chucks nicely with it, If I need real oomph I'll use the .454 pistol. I did notice that the wife was taking a bit too much interest in it. She better not try to swipe it. The dpms/fn I might toy around with as it shoots pretty well for what I have in it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top