Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2011 8:19:11 PM EDT
Spikes tactical upper and lower
Spikes BCG
PSA MOE LPK
18" Sabre Defense 1/8 twist stainless, medium profile fluted, polished, mid-length gas
PWS FSC556
Troy TRX Rail 15" (easy install and fit perfectly)
ACE ARFX stock (a little long, may choose a UBR in future)
Millet DMS-1 1-4x24mm with 3 Gun Gear cattail adjuster

My first time building an AR from scratch, gonna take it out to the range tomorrow to test out.  If everything is good I'm going to loctite the gas block set screws and the troy rail screws.  This thing is much lighter than I thought it would be, kudos to the troy rail and the Sabre barrel.

Next on the list next:  Geissele trigger and a quality extended scope mount (so I don't have to bridge the gap)

Excuse the cell phone pictures

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:21:23 PM EDT
Looks great!
Good call on the Sabre barrel.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:23:39 PM EDT
Quoted:
Looks great!
Good call on the Sabre barrel.

It was the only 18" barrel I could find anywhere, I got the last one in stock anywhere on the internet.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:29:48 PM EDT
I wouldnt loctite anything on that rifle, especially the rail screws. You have been warned.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:15:38 PM EDT
Looks great! Have a weight on it?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:31:44 PM EDT
Quoted:
I wouldnt loctite anything on that rifle, especially the rail screws. You have been warned.

+1

Looks good! Also curious of the weight.

If you want an inexpensive, no-frills, good quality, non-QD extended scope mount look at the PA deluxe. No useless railed ring caps like the PEPR.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:44:42 PM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

If you want an inexpensive, no-frills, good quality, non-QD extended scope mount look at the PA deluxe. No useless railed ring caps like the PEPR.

Just FYI - I got a 30MM PEPR from PA last week and it came with railed and smooth caps both.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:07:19 PM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Just FYI - I got a 30MM PEPR from PA last week and it came with railed and smooth caps both.

Nice, it's about time they start giving you the option!
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:30:30 PM EDT
Very nice.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:18:02 PM EDT
Took it out for a test run today, 30 degrees and snowing here.  It ran 100% with XM193, Brown Bear, Silver Bear and Wolf.  Tula short stroked a few times but it made it through an entire 30 round mag of Tula right before I finished.  I won't be shooting much Tula through it anyways.  Got it sighted in at 25 yards with a 50 yard zero (have 50 yard zeroing target for use on 25 yard ranges).  Was able to shoot a group of 12 rounds with Wolf, all rounds touching each other (one big hole), pretty impressive and it wasn't me, it's all the Sabre barrel.  Can't wait to try out some heavier rounds at long distance.

Really need that Geissele trigger.  Will try to get it on a scale this week to see how much it weighs.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:19:56 PM EDT
I said good call on the Sabre barrel
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:23:12 PM EDT
WOW!! Nice Build!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:27:56 PM EDT
Looks good!!
An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

If you are the system administrator please click here to find out more about this error.