Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/20/2005 8:59:46 PM EDT
I am trying to get my 20" HBAR barrel down to government profile weight. Would I be better off to go the safe route and buy the exact 20" government profile M16A2 barrel I want from Bushmaster with my $195 or take a chance and send it to a smith for a cheaper price?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:18:32 PM EDT
I vote new bbl.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:23:37 PM EDT
Id sell the h-bar and and use the difference along with the cash you have for a Govt weight.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:08:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Lumpy196:
Id sell the h-bar and and use the difference along with the cash you have for a Govt weight.

Why? Is it not good for the barrel?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:58:17 AM EDT
Kurts Kustom Firearms will reprofile your HBar for a fair price. The trouble is that he will have it for 3 months.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:19:55 AM EDT
I had my bushmaster 20 inch cut down to A2 profile by ADCO. It cost a little over a hundred dollars with shipping and it was back in a week.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:58:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bronco1:
I had my bushmaster 20 inch cut down to A2 profile by ADCO. It cost a little over a hundred dollars with shipping and it was back in a week.

+1 for ADCO.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:46:34 AM EDT

Originally Posted By topgunpilot20:

Originally Posted By Lumpy196:

Why? Is it not good for the barrel?

The only advantage is that you start with a zero round count. If your original barrel has thousands and thousands of rounds through it, I'd go new. If it only has a few hundred rounds, send it to ADCO for a reprofile.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:44:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/21/2005 9:52:15 AM EDT by TylerM_8]
My AR-15 can't have more than 250 rounds through it. Is ADCO the best place for having it re-profiled? Also, I'm not that skilled in taking the barrel off and putting it on so could I just send my entire upper to them so maybe they could take it off and put it back on?

EDIT: Is the 7th thing down on this page www.adcofirearms.com/shopservices.cfm?page=shop what I would be looking for?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:51:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TylerM_8:
My AR-15 can't have more than 250 rounds through it. Is ADCO the best place for having it re-profiled? Also, I'm not that skilled in taking the barrel off and putting it on so could I just send my entire upper to them so maybe they could take it off and put it back on?

yea you can send the whole upper..i would take out the bolt assembly & charging handle and when you ship it be sure to tell whoever is shipping it that its a Non-working firearm. My local post office wouldnt let me send my upper to JTAC till i made it very clear that it was only Part of a gun.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:56:34 AM EDT
I had ed vandenburg recontour my colt hbar
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:07:18 AM EDT
I'm not sure of exactly what it is called. Is the 7th thing down on this page www.adcofirearms.com/shopservices.cfm?page=shop what I would be looking for?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:30:56 PM EDT
Yes, that is what I did. You will have to specify in the comment section that you want an A2 government profile bbl. You can e-mail ADCO first if there are any questions.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:34:47 PM EDT
I emailed them about pricing for this exact job and a turn around time and only got a response pointing back to thier website.

I'm sure they get these questions all the time but a response of 'x' days to complete it on average and the cost of 'x' dollar is what you would pay would have been appreciated. Maybe I just expect too much.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:47:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Rooster3:
My local post office wouldnt let me send my upper to JTAC till i made it very clear that it was only Part of a gun.

Then whomever you spoke to there is a moron who does not know how to do their job. You are entitled to mail a long gun to whomever you want in your own state or to any FFL in any other state.

If the clerk gives you shit, get the station manager. If he doesn't know, make him pull out a copy of chapter 41 of the Domestic Mail Manual.

Top Top