BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 5:19:32 PM EDT
[#1]
If anyone is interested...

Optics Planet has had EVERYTHING I've wanted as far as PCC parts.  If you're looking for hard to find parts, look there...
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 6:31:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Optics Planet has had EVERYTHING I've wanted as far as PCC parts.  If you're looking for hard to find parts, look there...
View Quote

Problem is that they seem to have a hard time distributing said parts of late.  Although recently I was surprised that they actually shipped my order within the proposed time frame.  I wasn't in a hurry as I can't find an upper anywhere, but they finally got the handguard in and I thought what the hell, if it takes a month or two sobeit.  Was in my hand in a week or so.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 11:14:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Just received a bunch of PSA scorpion mags so hopefully I can get my hands on one of these to replace my NFA glock mag lower.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:17:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Got my pistol finished over the holidays.  I ran about 150 rounds through it last night and it ran flawlessly.  I haven't gotten my three lug adapter yet since my Obsidian suppressor still has time left in purgatory. Parts listed below

New Frontier Army C5 upper
Faxon 9mm bolt group w/removable weight
Faxon 8.5 inch straight barrel
SLR Solo 7.5 inch rail
DPMS milspec trigger group
Magpul flip sights (saving for HK sights)

Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:09:10 PM EDT
[#5]
That looks damn good.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:10:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Got my pistol finished over the holidays.  I ran about 150 rounds through it last night and it ran flawlessly.  I haven't gotten my three lug adapter yet since my Obsidian suppressor still has time left in purgatory. Parts listed below

New Frontier Army C5 upper
Faxon 9mm bolt group w/removable weight
Faxon 8.5 inch straight barrel
SLR Solo 7.5 inch rail
DPMS milspec trigger group
Magpul flip sights (saving for HK sights)

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/290376/20201228_101344-1752026.jpg
View Quote

Nice lookin' rig!  They are fun, aren't they?!?!?
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I couldn't believe how much fun it was to shoot.

@ mrozowjj  Thanks, it was a learning experience
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:52:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm having an issue with my LRBHO.  I put a standard ar bolt catch assembly on it, but the magazine isn't strong enough to push it up.  I tried not putting one in it, but every time I fired it, the bolt catch would engage and the bolt would stay back.  Anyone have guidance?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:01:56 AM EDT
[#9]
That seems to be a common problem. What I did and recommend everyone do is to trim the BHO spring down. I cut off about 1/3 of the spring, it still keeps the BHO down but makes it activate much more reliably. I think I posted all my reliability tweaks in the original post.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:53:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks OP, I’ll reread this thread again...
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:39:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Hopefully it runs better then the C-5 and the feed ramp and extractor don't fall out.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 1:42:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hopefully it runs better then the C-5 and the feed ramp and extractor don't fall out.
View Quote

I made sure the screws were loctited and snugged down good. The ejector is held in by two set screws and a machine screw so it's not going anywhere.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 2:36:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Well I ordered and received their last 3 lowers, they gave me a discount on one since it was their display. Got one off being cerakoted and will post pics when I have it back and assembled.

Used parts from my nfa c9 glock lower build with 5.5 barrel and Odin works handguard.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 5:02:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyone find a bcg that works with this? Don't want to grind down the feed ramps if I don't have to, the bcg I had in my glock mag build definitely can't clear the feed lips.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 8:23:44 PM EDT
[#15]
last 3 lowers
View Quote

How much you want for one
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 5:51:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

How much you want for one
View Quote

Was going to hold onto them but a couple buddies ended up harassing me enough to give them up.

Here's one one I kept. Still needs a bcg that will work with the feed ramps on lower.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:09:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
They have a lot of stuff yeah, but I've been looking for a CMMG RDB BCG since late last year (since before your post). Missed one on the EE recently just barely.

The New Frontier Amory lower is intriguing me more and more. I just wonder if these can be made to work with the RDB BCG. Anybody know?

I was going to SBR this Aero lower that I have but now I am thinking about getting one of these lowers and SBR'ing too if it can be made to work with it. I've got an MP5SD handguard cover on the way to complete this build once I have the lower SBR'd and a CMMG RDB BCG (I have everything else already). Yes I know I need to widen the ejection port.

Link Posted: 5/6/2021 7:10:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Did anyone have to remove material from their ejector? It appears by be making contact with my bcg and not allowing me to mate the upper and lower. Compared to my NFA glock lower, the ejector is a bit further back on the lower.

EDIT; removed some material off the back top area of the ejector, it can not clear a bolt that doesn't have the cut out for an ejector that far back.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 7:22:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Just received an Email from Lauren @ NFA. Hopefully one will be in the mail for me soon :). They seem to be in-stock, $214 shipped to an FFL of your choice. I'm as giddy as a school girl!

Thomas.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 5:55:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Just put a folding stock adapter on my pistol, anyone had any problems with it?
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 6:45:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Just put a folding stock adapter on my pistol, anyone had any problems with it?
View Quote

I seem to remember something about the law folder and the NFA C5 lower, you will need to read through the archived thread.

It can be found here - New-Frontier-Armory-C5
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 9:21:09 PM EDT
[#22]
I completely removed the bho spring for now and it works fine when dry cycling the bolt with a mags in. I will shorten it and try re installing it to see how it goes.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 9:24:40 PM EDT
[#23]
I trimmed about 1/3 off my spring and it has worked fine. Don't use it with the detent spring removed, the BHO may bounce up into the path of the carrier and cause malfunctions.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 11:05:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Just built a full NFA build no CMMG upper parts in a 4" pistol and I love how small and awesome this turned out. I am glad the others did the work for me to know that the spring needed to be cut for the BHO. The looks of the Scorpion mags in an AR style is just what I wanted. I have a Scorpion also so it just made sense. Did the 4" barrel as it was the only one in-stock and I am so glad I did. It is so small and compact, perfect.

Steve
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 7:09:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Will nfa make more of these lowers

I kinda want....another project, as if I’m following right, the cmmg rdb bcg and barrel will work?
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 9:24:07 AM EDT
[#26]
They had them as of two weeks ago... you have to call.

Steve
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 10:52:37 PM EDT
[#27]
It does work, but it requires modification of several parts and you will be limited to the Manticore Arms scorpion magazines. Mine is working quite nicely.
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 11:11:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Will nfa make more of these lowers

I kinda want....another project, as if I’m following right, the cmmg rdb bcg and barrel will work?
View Quote

They just put another batch up for sale on Monday after another very long wait. I bought 2 more. They've since sold out. Get on their mailing list for each item you want, and check it every day. As soon as you get notification, order without delay. I took me nearly a year before COVID to collect all my parts to build my first C5. I've been waiting for about a year for C5 stripped lowers to come back in stock.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 9:16:56 PM EDT
[#29]
I like your build but I am having trouble with mine almost the same exact parts. My lower and upper are the same as yours but my Bolt catch doesn't seem to be right. It always locks the bolt back with no magazine even in it with the CMMG RDB bolt. It seems like my bolt catch is pushed hard against the outside of the upper and has absolutely no further wiggle room causing the LRBHO to actuate after every cycle. I am left with two options: 1:have the upper milled around the area of the bolt catch2 or try a different catch. I was just hoping you could give me some information on the type you bought and used that seems to work as CMMG's LRBHO does not.

Thomas
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 10:29:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I like your build but I am having trouble with mine almost the same exact parts. My lower and upper are the same as yours but my Bolt catch doesn't seem to be right. It always locks the bolt back with no magazine even in it with the CMMG RDB bolt. It seems like my bolt catch is pushed hard against the outside of the upper and has absolutely no further wiggle room causing the LRBHO to actuate after every cycle. I am left with two options: 1:have the upper milled around the area of the bolt catch2 or try a different catch. I was just hoping you could give me some information on the type you bought and used that seems to work as CMMG's LRBHO does not.

Thomas
View Quote

That's a bit odd, I didn't have any issues with my bolt catch. I have switched to a Battle Arms enhanced bolt catch (about $15), which has the top actuator tab bent out slightly so there's more clearance. You could try getting one and see if it solves the issue.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 11:17:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Hey thanks for getting back to me! I actually took it out and sanded a bit off of the back of the bolt catch and now it functions with no further issues! Can't wait to try it out. I don't know how to attach an image of the finished project or I would makes me have to put in a URL. Thanks for the great write up and I enjoyed the build.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:56:43 PM EDT
[#32]
@amphibian - you've probably already seen this delightful project.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 9:27:03 AM EDT
[#33]
I hate to say it, but even in its stock form (non-CMMG), it has less recoil than my 7" Scorpion. My follow up shots are quicker and the groups ever so slightly tighter. Totally impressed with this tiny new addition. Need to troubleshoot why PSA mags are having feeding issues, but I have Manticore and CZ mags enough to still be happy with the S-9. Fun build and is it so tiny with the Strike Industries PDW brace.

Steve
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 4:49:44 PM EDT
[#34]
I finally got back to building my NFA S-9, currently it is a pistol but I will do paperwork to sbr it this weekend. I haven't seen anyone that has sbr'd an S-9 lower so I am assuming that it won't be listed in the model drop down and will take several months to get it back?
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 10:58:58 PM EDT
[#35]
So thinking about building one of these with a standard blowback bolt - which blowback bolt works with this S-9 lower and C-5 upper combo?  NF says you need their C-5 upper for this to clear the feed ramp, but have not bolt suggestions? Help!

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 9:25:30 AM EDT
[#36]
The C5 upper is needed because it has clearance cuts for the wider Scorpion mags. This doesn't affect the bolt, any Glock-cut bolt should function fine.
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 11:45:51 AM EDT
[#37]
One other question - The AR-CZs seem to be heavier than the Glock types.  The NFA web sight shows a pound of weight for the bare receiver - True?  I have the PSA AR-V model and it is heavier than all my Glock types.  Want a light weight build.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 11:47:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
One other question - The AR-CZs seem to be heavier than the Glock types.  The NFA web sight shows a pound of weight for the bare receiver - True?  I have the PSA AR-V model and it is heavier than all my Glock types.  Want a light weight build.

Thanks
View Quote

Per my info dump on the 1st page, the bare receiver is 14.2 ounces stripped.
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 12:37:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Pulled the trigger on the S-9 and C5 upper looking forward to the build!
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 11:01:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It does work, but it requires modification of several parts and you will be limited to the Manticore Arms scorpion magazines. Mine is working quite nicely.
View Quote

So this won't run on Magpul or CZ mags? Been thinking of transferring all my goodies from my C5 (MP5) build and only have to worry about 1 much cheaper mag type.

Edit: Reading back helps, looks like HK_DUDE's runs on CZ's and the PSA AK mags.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 7:16:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

So this won't run on Magpul or CZ mags? Been thinking of transferring all my goodies from my C5 (MP5) build and only have to worry about 1 much cheaper mag type.

Edit: Reading back helps, looks like HK_DUDE's runs on CZ's and the PSA AK mags.
View Quote

If you are using standard blowback you should be able to use any magazine. I am using the CMMG RDB so I'm limited on the mags that I can use.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 10:35:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Well once again I jumped into another NFA fancy mag build and once again already hitting problems.

From NFA C-5 MP5 build I pulled the NFA C-5 Upper that ran fine once I bought $100 mags.

First problem I ran into is the BCG hit on the back of the ejector just barely, but enough where I cant push both take down pins in unless I slightly pull back on the charging handle. Then they both pop in, but the BCG does not look to hit the barrel. Thought the BCG was NFA, but looking at it I do not think that is the case. Edit: I guess either shave the back of the ejector or dish out another $150 for a NFA BCG

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Second problem, BCG removed on upper and my mags will not lock in, upper removed they do. Looks like the a barley hitting the upper, even though it has the cut outs. Edit: Did a little rounding on one and it will lock in.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Third problem is it’s so damn sexy that now I really, really want it to run.

Link Posted: 11/18/2021 11:45:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
When I close my upper and lower it is hard to push together enough for the pins to slide in. It is doable, but not right. It appears that the ejector is acting as a fulcrum as it is a little high. I will adjust slightly by removing a small amount from the top of it, as it cannot be adjusted lower by design.
View Quote

Exactly what mine is doing, what BCG are you running and did shaving the ejector work?
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:56:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I finally got back to building my NFA S-9, currently it is a pistol but I will do paperwork to sbr it this weekend. I haven't seen anyone that has sbr'd an S-9 lower so I am assuming that it won't be listed in the model drop down and will take several months to get it back?
View Quote

Well, the ATF must want to go on vacation,  I just got the paperwork approved (the S-9 model wasn't in the ATF's list) it took 17 days to get accepted and cover letter sent so I can progress with the process.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 8:06:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Well, the ATF must want to go on vacation,  I just got the paperwork approved (the S-9 model wasn't in the ATF's list) it took 17 days to get accepted and cover letter sent so I can progress with the process.
View Quote

The ATF is just slow, it's the FBI that is not doing their job.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:50:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The ATF is just slow, it's the FBI that is not doing their job.
View Quote

I was expecting the ATF to do the model research to take months  and was very surprised when it came back in 17 days.
My last couple of F1's  took less then a month to be approved,  I hope this one follows same time frame.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 5:54:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Just the BCG in from NFA, drops right, closes and cycles no problem on the S-9 lower. Also interested to see if the NFA MP5 runs any different with the right BCG.

Off brand on the left, NFA on the right.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 9:13:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Ordered a NFA 9MM bolt - All the ones I have Foxtrot Mike and Taccom hit the ejector and I did not want to modify the ejector. So Black Friday I ordered a bolt!  Hope it works without modification?
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 9:53:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Ordered a NFA 9MM bolt - All the ones I have Foxtrot Mike and Taccom hit the ejector and I did not want to modify the ejector. So Black Friday I ordered a bolt!  Hope it works without modification?
View Quote

Shot mine today with the NFA BCG and it shot and cycled great, however the LRBHO did not function. Did have a few failure to feed hick ups with the PSA mags, but no problems with Magpul mags.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 12:22:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Shot mine today with the NFA BCG and it shot and cycled great, however the LRBHO did not function. Did have a few failure to feed hick ups with the PSA mags, but no problems with Magpul mags.
View Quote

Cut about 1/3 off of the bho spring. This solved the issue for me and others.
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top