Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/5/2005 8:02:38 PM EDT
Ok well I have been searching the board for the better part of a week. I think I have it figured out just thought I would ask for a second opinion from people with more knowledge on the subject than I do. I am in the process of building a RRA Mid length flat top upper and RRA lower. I plan to use an Aimpoint sight but I also want to have BUIS in place. I have been looking and really don't want flip ups as in a serious situation if the primary goes out the few seconds it takes to get the BUIS up could be very costly.

I am going to keep the front standard sight and am thinking of using the RRA Tacticle carry handle with the rear sight on it like this

http://www.rockriverarms.com/images/chndls.gif

With this setup I am pretty sure that I can Co Witness but does anyone know for sure if it will before I fork out the dough and figure out it dosen't work properly?

Thanks in advance Jeremy
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:21:21 AM EDT
[#1]
it works when you mount the aimpoint in the x-railgrabber mount which i think from aimpoint

the mount that allows co-witnessing is flimsy in my opinion and the "tactical" carry handle is a joke.

i would save that money and get one of the other fixed buis' like larue or lmt.

up front it would seem a bit pricey but in the end you save the money you would have spent on the carry handle and cheap mount.
but then again if its just gonna go to the range and be babied then it would get you by
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:18:37 AM EDT
[#2]
First off, welcome!

Second, I dont think you'll like the setup you're looking at. I've seen it at the local fun store and it just doesn't feel right. The mount is not as sturdy as I would like.

Go ahead and splurge on a LMT or Larue sight. Get a good solid mount too. Accucam or Larue or something similar. Check out any of the companies in the Industry section for the best prices and service. I highly recommend Bravo Co, Adco, Dennys or G&R
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:47:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top