Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 6:50:50 PM EDT
I've got a big show in my area next week and plan on looking for a 9mm AR. I can't have a suppressed gun in Missouri, but like the look of the shorter handguard/barrel. Would I be better off looking for a 11 1/2" barrel and permanently attaching a 5 1/2" compensator, or getting a 16" barrel and attaching a fake can? In general, who makes the higher quality 9mm AR's.
Could I legally buy a pistol and permanently attach a muzzle device to get it to 16" and install a stock without additional SBR/AOW paper work?
Sorry if this is redundant, I've read a lot of posts and couldn't find the answers I was looking for-at this point, educated advice would be great. (Darksider looking for an AR so I'm not up on anything concerning this version yet).

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:01:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm giving myself 1 bump, last chance to keep me from running back to the Dark Side
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:46:30 PM EDT
[#2]
free bump since I'm interested in a 9mm AR build
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top