Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/24/2005 6:25:55 PM EDT
This rifle will look so mean it will punch hole's in the targets just pointing it. I bought a top rail gas block but got home and found I had the wrong diameter. The DD rail surrounds the gas block. I want a railed gas block the one I have if it were the correct diameter would still be a bit of a problem as one of the screws to tighten it down cannot be reached because of the DD rail. What are you guys using? Height is okay but the diameter cannot be too wide.

Thanks
Chinook3

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:00:33 PM EDT
Pri makes a steel low-pro that I have under my Troy MRF-MX. Its the best on a carbine due to the excessive heat build up on carbine length gas systems
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 6:51:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/25/2005 6:51:48 AM EDT by sluggo]
I haven't found one that will work with it.
The problem is the preset distance between the location for the front sight housing pins allowed for by the design of the DD rail. The handguard is designed for use with a front sight housing, the legs of which are all the same distance apart, and the holes for the pins are roughly centered in them. None of the gas blocks that I've tried have the same spacing for the clamping screws...have even tried a ball driver at extreme angle without success. I considered drilling the handguard, but decided against it. Any of their standard configuration quads would be just fine, but those with the extended bottom/side rails pose a real problem for gas blocks.
Sluggo
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 7:06:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/25/2005 7:09:06 AM EDT by mongo001]

DD 9.5 over a KAC low profile gas block on a carbine length gas system. The SPR and PRI low profile gas blocks will also fit. The LaRue low profile gas block will also fit.

Any other, non-low profile gas block will likely NOT fit.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 8:11:57 AM EDT
Top Top