Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2008 5:35:24 AM EDT
I've got a RRA 'Matched' stripped upper & lower and would like to build a 14.5 or .7 Car.
With a CTR on one end and an M4 brl and quad rail on the other, what would be your choice to it's internal guts, such as LPK, bolt carrier, etc. I paid too much for the
matched set so I want to buy smart on the rest of it.
It'll probably have a LaRue UDE combo w/down grip.

Thanks All...

Oh yeah, and f*ck Obama
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:00:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't skimp the BCG...buy from a decent manufactuer.  The LPK can be anything that works and isn't like grinding two stones together.  I've used RRA and CMMG LPKs...reasonable prices and I have no complaints.  Also if your thinking Larue, spend the money and get one of their floated quad rails.  You'll thank yourself later.

What barrel are you going with?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:05:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd get an LMT Bolt Carrier Group
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:36:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Rainier Arms has a pretty good price on LMT bolt carrier groups, if they are in stock.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:23:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I prefer RRA / CMT LPK's with CMT bolt / carriers.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:26:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Don't skimp the BCG...buy from a decent manufactuer.  The LPK can be anything that works and isn't like grinding two stones together.  I've used RRA and CMMG LPKs...reasonable prices and I have no complaints.  Also if your thinking Larue, spend the money and get one of their floated quad rails.  You'll thank yourself later.

What barrel are you going with?

Probably a Wilson chrome lined.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:53:30 PM EDT
[#6]
PKs still has Rock River LPKs with NM triggers. That's what I'd use.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top