Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/4/2003 12:34:47 PM EDT
In a deal I made last night, I obtained a titanium oxide coated bolt. Now this has me intrigued as to what I now posess.

Any info pertaining to the coating would be appreciated.

I have seen chrome (pimp bolts and carriers) and the standard black, but not these greenish/tan colored units.

thanks
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:32:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd like to know more too.  Maybe where and how much to pay for a  seperate chromed carriers, or TiNi bolts?  

Big Al
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:57:13 PM EDT
[#2]
They are purty.

They say ( you know, whoever "they" are) that they have a better lubricity.

Also supposed to be easier to clean.  Works best when used in a TiNi Bolt carrier.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:38:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's the real scoop:

1. They are kinda goldish colored.

2. They cost a lot more.

I have gone back and looked at all my plain jane parkerized bolt carriers.  Nope, I can't see a problem with them.

Oh, I have one chromed bolt carrier.  It came with a DPMS upper.  They just tossed it in for free, I did not pay extra for the chrome, and would not.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top