Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/21/2008 3:45:50 PM EDT
ok, so this is my first build.  I am sitting on a DPMS lower, LPK and buttstock ready to go.

I am up in the air as in what to get next.  I see the Del Ton upper kits for approx. $400.  Add the forearms I want and that is close to another $200 and then some decent rear flip up sites and I am close to $700 total.

or

Do I just buy the CMMG 16" carbine for $700 total, that comes with the forearms and rear flip site all included.  I know they are tougher to get right now but if I can wait that seems like the package to get.

Real quick, I am also up in the air if I want a carbine or midlength.  I am not a big guy, only 5'7", so I am guessing the shorter carbine may fit my overall arm length better.

Natron
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:28:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Either company is gonna have a wait right now....I have a Del-ton and it is a nice rifle but I think the CMMG may be a bit better but don't know first hand....I would get a middy.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:33:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Email/call www.bravocompanyusa.com for their upper receivers.  Best stuff out there.

You could also check their industry forum.  Their stuff goes in/out of stock pretty frequently.  I love my 16" Carbine upper, and my Dad just got a 16" Midlength (he hasn't gotten to the range yet).

ETA:  I read on their industry forum that if you buy a rail from them at the same time as your upper they'd install it for you.

Their BCG's are also top notch.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top