Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/21/2008 3:45:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/21/2008 3:48:04 PM EDT by Natron11]
ok, so this is my first build. I am sitting on a DPMS lower, LPK and buttstock ready to go.

I am up in the air as in what to get next. I see the Del Ton upper kits for approx. $400. Add the forearms I want and that is close to another $200 and then some decent rear flip up sites and I am close to $700 total.

or

Do I just buy the CMMG 16" carbine for $700 total, that comes with the forearms and rear flip site all included. I know they are tougher to get right now but if I can wait that seems like the package to get.

Real quick, I am also up in the air if I want a carbine or midlength. I am not a big guy, only 5'7", so I am guessing the shorter carbine may fit my overall arm length better.

Natron
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:28:52 PM EDT
Either company is gonna have a wait right now....I have a Del-ton and it is a nice rifle but I think the CMMG may be a bit better but don't know first hand....I would get a middy.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:33:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/21/2008 4:35:01 PM EDT by SV650Squid]
Email/call www.bravocompanyusa.com for their upper receivers. Best stuff out there.

You could also check their industry forum. Their stuff goes in/out of stock pretty frequently. I love my 16" Carbine upper, and my Dad just got a 16" Midlength (he hasn't gotten to the range yet).

ETA: I read on their industry forum that if you buy a rail from them at the same time as your upper they'd install it for you.

Their BCG's are also top notch.
Top Top