Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2007 1:08:24 PM EDT
Last night I installed my LPK without any issues except I can't seem to get the trigger guard roll pin in.  I have taken a hammer to it several times (while supporting the flange) and it won't budge.  Should I get a new pin or is there some way to get it in?
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 1:15:41 PM EDT
[#1]
The one I put in yesterday was tight, I wound up using a c clamp to press it in.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 1:27:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Trigger guard pins are possibly the worst to install/remove. Not only are they tight but the ears make you nervous about breaking one. I have enlarged the holes slightly so they fit easier. All you do is take the next smalles drill bit size, chock it up in a drill and while running the drill,, move it in and out so it'll only remove a few thousandths. Don't remove too much, go slow.
MJA
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:48:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Trigger guard pins are possibly the worst to install/remove. Not only are they tight but the ears make you nervous about breaking one. I have enlarged the holes slightly so they fit easier. All you do is take the next smalles drill bit size, chock it up in a drill and while running the drill,, move it in and out so it'll only remove a few thousandths. Don't remove too much, go slow.
MJA

+1. I put Magpul trigger guards on my and my dad's CMMG ARs last Christmas. I was about to crap myself the entire tire. The key is short, medium raps with the hammer in my experience. I supported them with a block of wood.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:53:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I just put one together today.  I used the vise grip "press" method.  Worked fine.

Good luck with it.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top