Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2007 1:08:24 PM EDT
Last night I installed my LPK without any issues except I can't seem to get the trigger guard roll pin in. I have taken a hammer to it several times (while supporting the flange) and it won't budge. Should I get a new pin or is there some way to get it in?
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 1:15:41 PM EDT
The one I put in yesterday was tight, I wound up using a c clamp to press it in.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 1:27:37 PM EDT
Trigger guard pins are possibly the worst to install/remove. Not only are they tight but the ears make you nervous about breaking one. I have enlarged the holes slightly so they fit easier. All you do is take the next smalles drill bit size, chock it up in a drill and while running the drill,, move it in and out so it'll only remove a few thousandths. Don't remove too much, go slow.
MJA
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:48:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MJA:
Trigger guard pins are possibly the worst to install/remove. Not only are they tight but the ears make you nervous about breaking one. I have enlarged the holes slightly so they fit easier. All you do is take the next smalles drill bit size, chock it up in a drill and while running the drill,, move it in and out so it'll only remove a few thousandths. Don't remove too much, go slow.
MJA

+1. I put Magpul trigger guards on my and my dad's CMMG ARs last Christmas. I was about to crap myself the entire tire. The key is short, medium raps with the hammer in my experience. I supported them with a block of wood.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:53:55 PM EDT
I just put one together today. I used the vise grip "press" method. Worked fine.

Good luck with it.
Top Top