Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 12:39:26 PM EDT
I have a question . A friend and I are planing to Duracoat a few weapons. This will be a first time process for both of us.
My question is we live in a high humidity area in North West Washington state and I was curious as to what kind of effect that would have on the spraying of the Duracoat?
Any other tips and or hints to make the process easier would be greatly appreciated.
I've been reading up on the application process but nothing beats first hand experiance.
                                                                      Thanks Y'all in advance        Shotgunner45
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:42:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Use Norrells.  

If you don't like that idea, make sure you preheat, but remember that high humidty will have a direct affect on your drying time, as well as curing.

There is a refinishing guide that was written to cover the AR15.  Although its done primarily for Norrells, the directions will give good info for DC as well.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:28:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have a question . A friend and I are planing to Duracoat a few weapons. This will be a first time process for both of us.
My question is we live in a high humidity area in North West Washington state and I was curious as to what kind of effect that would have on the spraying of the Duracoat?
Any other tips and or hints to make the process easier would be greatly appreciated.
I've been reading up on the application process but nothing beats first hand experiance.
Thanks Y'all in advance        Shotgunner45

Dude - I'm down I5 in Portland (high humidity) I did 3 guns last January without a problem.

Take your time, have some fun.  I was very happy with mine.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:17:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Use Norrells.  

If you don't like that idea, make sure you preheat, but remember that high humidty will have a direct affect on your drying time, as well as curing.

There is a refinishing guide that was written to cover the AR15.  Although its done primarily for Norrells, the directions will give good info for DC as well.

Refinish guide
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top