Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2006 5:55:13 AM EDT
I received my bead blasted WOA SPR barrel today from Adco and I have a couple questions;

#1 - Anyone have an idea on how to remove the broken toothpick from the gas port?  I can't grab it with needle nose pliers and I'm afraid to dig at it too aggressively with a pick.  It goes all the way down into the bore and touches off on the opposite side.  Do you think I could burn it out with a torch or soldering gun?

#2 - Did my barrel come with an M4 barrel extension?  The advertisement didn't specify, but this extension looks different than my other ones.  I don't have an M4 upper. Will this extension work with a normal A3 upper?

Thanks for any advice
Link Posted: 8/11/2006 7:55:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I would send a cleaning rod down it and break the toothpick and then push it through the rest of the way.
Link Posted: 8/11/2006 7:59:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Use an undesized punch and push it into the barrel ... then maybe blow it out with compressed air or a patch on a rod?
Link Posted: 8/11/2006 8:23:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I have never installed a barrel with m4 extensions on a standard upper, but I think you'll be OK installing it in a standard reciever. I have installed barrels with m4 extensions in m4 cut recievers without issue. Someone else with more knowledge on this subject will hopefully chime in.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 9:27:22 AM EDT
[#4]
#2 yes your barrel has m4 ramps and it can be used with a non m4 receiver but you wont have any benifts in feeding. The M12 was designed to get the long 77 grain bullets up in the chamber. If you are not going to shoot the "heavy-long stuff" my guess is you wont need the M4 receiver. just switch it out when you have the extra $100.00

#1 never seen the tooth pick thing. I would ask Steve at ADCO.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#5]
try using the smallest drill bit you got and go slowly and drill out the toothpick (probably 1/16in bit).....i wonder what that pick is doing in the port

anyways, the torch would work too and burn it out, but i would then smooth out the debis w/ something afterwards

the bbl will work w/ a std non-M4 cut A3 upper; this is about how it usually works:

m4 feedramp cut bbls will work best w/ m4 cut uppers; the m4 cut bbls will also work well in non-m4 cut uppers, but you will get some wear on the upper where the feeding of the bullets might brush the upper

std cut bbls will work well with std upppers; h/w, they MIGHT give some feeding problems w/ m4-cut uppers b/c the std non-m4 cut bbl will have chamber area over the ramped upper--but feeding problems usually arise from the mag feeding the cartriges too far forward or too weak where they dont agnle up on the feed properly
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top