Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/24/2006 5:27:41 PM EDT
I’m looking for a good place to buy my sling from, I’ve already decided what sling I’m after and would like some feed back on that as well, any good recommendations on a cheep and fast place to order it from? TIA

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:23:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Not a chance I would own or recommend that sling.  Is there a specific reason you want that?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:14:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I liked the way it looked, but no real reason I do like it, do you have any other recommendations?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:16:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Get the SOP sling here, high quality gear from Specter and outstanding service from Operation Parts - and no goofy-ass front connector.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:47:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Besides the way the sling hooks up is there anything other real negatives?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:00:24 AM EDT
[#5]
If you are looking for a basic 3 point sling, I used a Tactical Tailor model for years.  It served me well, but the 3 point lacks the mobility that I need when working in cramped quarters, I've also run into some issues when I've had to use the carbine as an impact weapon.  The 3 point didn't have the freedom that I needed in one case, and while I don't claim to be a genius, I'm smart enough to learn from experience.

Below is a picture of how my 3 point was setup, and while it doesn't look pretty, it was setup for a purpose.  I now run the A.S.P. Single Point Sling on my duty and training weapons.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:18:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Stick,
      Are you a tactical guru or a professional photographer? Your pics rock!! You even have some sweet "Stickman" logo on the pics. You're killin me brother!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:11:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Stick,
      Are you a tactical guru or a professional photographer? Your pics rock!! You even have some sweet "Stickman" logo on the pics. You're killin me brother!

Whichever he is, I know I sure as hell pay attention when he speaks/writes.  And, I don't mind having the Stickman "copyright" in the corner of my desktop pic, LOL!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:43:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top